• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Christmas" comes early for Biomedtechguy...

To be fair to the mechanic it sounds like the car was fine (aside from the gearshift) for most of the drive home, so unless he had the car to test at night etc, and assuming he hasn't screwed up the wiring, it might not be his fault.
When I read the list of all the work you were doing some weeks back, and doing all in one go, I thought to myself that you had a ton of headaches on the way, before everything is sorted. It's the nature of the modifying beast. One day in the future, once it's all running good, you'll look back and laugh at all these dramas.

I only have a problem with him messing up the shift linkage. That's very important to me, especially power shifting at the track, and it has always been perfect, so it's a really big problem, at least until I can fix it.
I hardly slept. I've got a few calls to make to get a fan by tomorrow, and a good bit of work to do on both cars still.

The fan manufacturer is overnighting a fan motor to me, on MY FedEx account, and charged me $100 for a fan he said he pays $45 for...
How f'n generous of them...:nutkick:
I believe I have a good idea what the source of the problem is. When I got my Roadrunner, the windshield had ZERO seal other than the rubber trim, and leaked like Niagara Falls in the rain under the dash by the firewall. That had to have been sloppy work by whoever painted the car, or who knows, but it was a shitty thing to omit. So in the first month or two I had my car, I had the windshield sealed and the rear glass dum-dum removed (way too much on it) and I had the correct clips put in, and that took care of all that. I think my dimmer switch may be very corroded, but I have to see. If it is, that could account for the high current drain when I turn the lights on, especially the high beams.

The new Calvert split mono leaf springs and sliders, that replaced my badly worn factory leaf springs (as evident only at the launch at the drag strip, where the springs must have been wrapping themselves up into a S that bent the heavy gauge steel spine of a Mancini pinion snubber) has raised the rear about 2" or so, which looks absolutely perfect and beautiful!
Here's the current side view. Note the amount of the rear tire and wheel showing at the rear wheelwell:
20201002_143727.jpg

20201002_152511.jpg

With the old factory leaf springs:
20181003_162325.jpg

Screenshot_20201002-153526_Photos.jpg

Its a shame to hide those fancy brakes.
I agree, but with the busy schedule I have prepping and troubleshooting the cars, I haven't really been able to set up the Roadrunner for any "glamor shots".
:thumbsup:Her *** is SWEET:bananadance: with the new Strange aluminum rear diff cover and just those 2" or so of additional height, but because of shadows and not staging the pictures, it doesn't do her justice.
Being able to take in the body lines, and the "coke bottle" shape as it tapers from back to the doors and forward is hard to capture in a picture anyway...
Here's just a "tease" for now...
20201001_154137.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back