• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrome Recommendation- Bumpers

citadel

Local time
10:31 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am planning to have my bumpers done on my 69 RR. I am looking at Tri City Plating or Paul's Chrome. Tri City is about 50% the cost of Paul's. Paul charges $800-$900/ bumper assuming you send him a servicable core.
This car I am building will be primarily a show car- all numbers matching- convertible.
Any thoughts? Cost isnt a major issue for me.

Another option is Advanced Plating in Tennessee.

I had mine done at Tri-City and am quite satisfied with the results. Cost not being a major issue, I may lean towards Paul's Chrome. By photos, it appears they may be a step closer to 'trailer queen' level. And for the record, I don't mean that in a derogatory way.

I have seen and heard nothing but GREAT stuff about Advanced in Tennesee.

My bumpers were done by ti-city plating about 10 years ago. Still look good and their service was excellent...

Looks like I may buy the cores from tri city and send them to advanced for show chrome Plating.
Random question: to add bumperettes to the bumpers do we need to just drill holes to add them? Is there any other difference between original bumpers with bumperettes and ones that came without them?

Tri City still is very good. I had my bumpers done last year and a set done 10 or 15 yrs ago and still they treat you the same way. very satisfied.

I have four bumpers on my cars from tri-City and no complaints here. I also just got some stuff back from Advanced and it was flawless.

I would not recommend Bumper Boyz. I have a rear bumper that I bought finished from Tri City a couple years ago. The inside of the bumper was not cleaned very well and the scale was just plated over - it will be coming off at some point. Also have some light "staring" around a couple of the bolts that attach it to the bumper supports. Maybe I over tightened - but doesn't seem like it should do this?

I had my bumpers for my Cuda done by North Star plating in Brainerd Minnesota 1- 800 432- 3720 they did great work. They were $636 dollars back in 01. I also had some potmetal done at Pauls Chrome and the parts were beautiful.

I have a front bumper core with the bumperetts, no rubbers though if you're interested.

Stay away from LiBrandi's in Middletown, PA. near Harrisburg. They will rip you off and damage your Part's. Just terrible place.

If you're in the Colorado area- steer clear of Denver Bumper, what a joke that place is!
Salt Lake Chrome did my bumper guards on my Coronet awhile back and it was an excellent job they went overboard on the quality.
They are the only place in this area I would ever consider from here on out for quality chrome work.
Just my 2 cents.

Auto Transport Service
Back