• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

chrysler marine 318 motors

belvedere 67

Local time
7:28 AM
Reaction score
I recently bought a guy out that had a shed full of engines and parts. He had 2 marine 318s. They are disassembled but i believe all the parts are there. Are these worth anything?

There are cast iron blocks and heads.

Maybe this free download can help you sort them out..................
CHRYSLER LM 318 SERVICE MANUAL Pdf Download | ManualsLib

On the page click the green "Download" and follow instructions for the captcha. Ignore the blue "
upload_2021-6-9_18-17-48.png
" links that come up.
upload_2021-6-9_18-8-59.png

They built one in a mid-late 70's
on Steve Dolsiche's (spell) Chrysler Marine 318cid
Chrysler Jet drive Boat
on IIRC Roadkill Garage

no idea differences or values

the inboard 318/LA exhaust manifolds/water-cooled
are "allegedly" extremely hard to find

so is the Chrysler Jet drive & I/O drives

In 1969, I bought a new Superbee. That same summer, my girlfriend's (now, wife), dad replaced the old Ford Y-block in his ChisCraft with a new Chrysler Marine 318. I remember the sharply angled intake with a 4 barrel on it. Along with the owners and warranty paperwork that came with the motor purchase, were included a pair of stickers, if one wanted to put them on their boat. They resembled the Superbee decal on the rear flanks of my car, except the Bee was riding a surf board instead of spinning his tires. The stickers were given to me, but I don't remember what became of them.

It depends on whether they came from a prop, I/O or Jet. Reverse rotation wouldn't be fun to find after thinking about using it in a car.

Auto Transport Service
Back