• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chuck Yeager won't be down for breakfast

Incredible gentleman and aviator - thanks for ALL the new discoveries you endeared us with and Rest In Peace Sir

You will be missed . . .

Back on topic, Mr. Yeager was a national hero on so many fronts it's just mind-boggling.
Lord knows how many lives his work saved...a true patriot in every sense of the word.
Godspeed, sir. Condolences to the family.

Last edited:
97 is a hell of a run, RIP Chuck.

A true hero. Being a test pilot takes a lot of guts. I remember seeing a TV Mini Series when I was small called The Right Stuff.

Full throttle ahead Sir!
:usflag:

Proper bloke and a real hero of your nation.....even if you guys did have to steal UK tech to achieve supersonic flight!!!

You have to be able to have a "big pair" to achieve such a feat first. (Just saying)

RIP Mr Yeager. God Speed

RC

Of course you guys NEVER dig at any other countries, belief systems, religions, politics....EVER! You saying you would have said nothing if it was the other way around? Was not a dig anyway....just a statement of fact and since this was not the political section I thought facts were allowed....LOL! As I've said before...I've no issues with the US at all....not much you do affects my life (2008 recession aside!)....and you used to make great muscle cars too!!
Trying to derail yet another tread that involves America or American's being showed in any positive light whatsoever. Rip Chuck.

A true man among men, still traveling into the Wild Blue Yonder.

RIP Chuck Yeager, may God rest your soul salute! 440'

7EE8AFF8-9261-4BDC-8089-741C50A1FE59.gif
F7BD5A4C-2321-484D-B014-63C64F966181.jpeg

RIP General Yeager and condolences to his family!

ICON.

I have had my hands on some of the "lifting bodies" (including the X-15) that are at the USAF museum, before they were cordoned off in the 1990's. (as well as the space capsules)

At the time I thought it was just cool technology.

Now I am humbled to have had my hands on things that Yeager, Glenn, Aldrin, Armstrong, and others have also touched.

Last edited:
Only man that ever actually made me pause and even consider using an AC spark plug... It was a fleeting thought thankfully...

RIP General Yeager.

RIP to a great American hero !!!!

In the very late 80's he visited a military flying establishment that I was involved with. He sat around with our young crew, like he was one of us. Chatted. Was interested in us. Our crew was in awe. Truly an awesome man.

Auto Transport Service
Back