• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CKJ688's 1974 Charger Resto

CKJ688

Local time
5:07 PM
Reaction score
If you had seen my "Welcome Wagon" post, then you would kinda know the story.

A friend of mine had pointed out that this car was for sale (it was close to my house and had been kept in a carport for 4 years). When he told me it was only $600 I had to jump on it as I am in love with the '71-'74 Dodge/Plymouth bodystyles.

So it being out of the blue, I was not prepared to get a car like this as soon as I did, I'm ALMOST done with my '70 Dart and really thought the end would be near for me spending hours upon hours working on a car.

When I looked the car over I saw a few things that would make it worth my investment...good frame, solid floor, interior parts in decent shape (especially the buckets). It was screaming for help and I wanted to be the one that stepped up!

So...as much as I may be in over my head...I look forward to this project...even thought I had only thought the rear quarters was the only place that had rot...you'll see, haha.

When I brought this home...all the parts were inside the car in piles, lol...

IMAG0956.jpg
IMAG0957.jpg
IMAG0958.jpg
IMAG0959.jpg
IMAG0960.jpg
IMAG0961.jpg
IMAG0962.jpg
IMAG0964.jpg
IMAG0963.jpg
IMAG0965.jpg
IMAG0966.jpg
IMAG0967.jpg
IMAG0968.jpg
IMAG0969.jpg
IMAG0970.jpg
IMAG0971.jpg
IMAG0972.jpg

Finally got all the parts stored for the night!

IMAG0973.jpg

I sure do like the looks of these Chargers, You do have some work ahead of you but when its over you'll have a nice car.. Hope you keep us posted on your project! Instead of watching TV at night im a members resto thread junky lol..

Got the rest of the interior from the previous owners house...here's some pics!

IMAG0974.jpg

IMAG0975.jpg

IMAG0976.jpg

IMAG0977.jpg

LOL, Ma Mopar and i guess the other brands sure didn't put down to much protection to keep this from happening did they. I read a article some time ago about this, they were taking a roof off a 68-69 RR and replacing it, good tech article to read, if i can find it, ill post it here for you, maybe you could get some ideas to help you with this.. "starlight roof option" lol.. My smile for the day!
Ugh-1.gif

with all the pieces you got it will save you alot of time trying to hunt them all down. good luck with your car.

Good luck on the project.
It's to bad this hobby costs so much, it certainly would be a lot more fun
if it wasn't so hard on the wallet.

Auto Transport Service
Back