• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic Auto Transport

GetX'd

Making Life Great Again!
Local time
8:34 PM
Reaction score
I'm planning on transporting my GTX from Minneapolis to Los Angeles this Spring. I'm looking for advice on who's very reliable and reasonable to do the transportation. Of course the transport is going to be enclosed only. I requested a quote from Horseless Carriage but they don't cover that route.

Ive also requested a quote from Intercity Lines and am waiting on that. Do any of you have personal experience and recommendations on carriers. I won't use a broker, I want owned trucks only. I can't afford to throw away the checkbook - bit understand I'll have to pay some extra for quality service.

Any advice is appreciated - this is my first time transporting.

Buyer beware, is my first thought. Reliable/reasonable, can you say that at the same time? Suppose you could go on Uship? Maybe Betty @ CLS could help you, she is more of a broker but has a ton of contacts.

I used All American Transport. Had my car moved from Indy to Philly. Cost $500. Bought the car on Wednesday, they picked it up Friday and it was in my driveway on Sunday. Talk to Vivian. They did a good job for me, that's all I can say.

You have to remember something about these transport services. They need to find someone willing to do the transport. It's not like dropping a letter in the mail. It's a bit of a pain and you need to be on top of them. Get yourself moved up in their "queue".

Dennis. - I tried to google DAS and nothing comes up. Is there a full name or other name I can search under?

Some "carriers" are nothing more than dispatchers. They act as a third party that then arranges for your vehicle to be hauled. It might end up sitting in a lot in Denver for a week, while a second hauler finishes the trip with it. Do the due diligence! Plenty of reputable haulers, and plenty of shady bastards, too!

I use door to door transport there out of south west fl. There a broker but they are very strict I've never ever had a problem with them a driver yes he said he was picking my car up and never did he drug it on for 2-3 months. I called the broker he had it fixed in less then 12 hours (he fired the driver and put him on a do not hire list for there company. ,the old driver offered to deliver the car for free because he felt bad .that's about it I've used many but have found if it's a broker and something happens they can get a new driver quickly. As long as everyone has insurance right

Auto Transport Service
Back