• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clutch Safety Switch ?

irl104

Local time
9:51 AM
Reaction score
Is anyone making a Clutch Safety Switch for the B bodies with a manual transmission? Thanks.

Is anyone making a Clutch Safety Switch for the B bodies with a manual transmission? Thanks.
The answer is NO. They are available Nos, Used and Restored. They are different from 70-Body to 71-74 B-body.

If you don't care about original but just want a functioning clutch switch, I used this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003C01FFY

I made a small bracket to mount it and it works great and for a lot cheaper than an OE part
1710942309467.png

.. and as per the Abody forum, Dan Brewer agreed with my response for same. Ground the starter solenoid spade and just push the clutch in and hit the key like any Pre '70 car...

Last edited:
If you don't care about original but just want a functioning clutch switch, I used this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003C01FFY

I made a small bracket to mount it and it works great and for a lot cheaper than an OE part
View attachment 1631763
Dunno really what could be involved on this but I have made this kind of stuff several times… MAYBE it is posible to insert the inners from that one on the original assembly!

And that’s if you want to keep the original design, because you could use even a regular pulsator to make work the safety system, just like the one used on the emergency brake pedal.

That's a fair price if you are the sort of guy that has to have one.

Simple economics....supply and demand.
Fair? Really? $3xx if you don’t have the core?

$175 for rebuilding? A “simple” pulsator?… I know is not “quite simple” by design, but its function.

Fair? Really? $3xx if you don’t have the core?

$175 for rebuilding? A “simple” pulsator?… I know is not “quite simple” by design, but its function.
$25 for a dozen beers that are gone in 20 minutes.....I know which I'd rather spend money on.

Last edited:
Classic jaguar piece $35. Same kind of switch… BUT JAGUAR

Jaguar XJ6 XJS Brake Light Switch - DAC1308

$25 for the new one posted as replacement option…. NEW.

$30 at Summit
Ron Francis Wiring SW62 Ron Francis Wiring Lever Brake Switches | Summit Racing

Same kind of switch but clutch gets chassis grounded one of the ends

NO WAY IS FAIR
People are free to choose.....I don't set the prices. If someone wants to install a part that doesn't look like OE, then good for them.

Even adjustable ones are available.

Yes I understand a price difference between options but that gap is HUUUUUUUUGE.

A rebuilt pedal rotary switch price like a rebuilt 3 speed wiper motor price? No way!

Even adjustable ones are available.

Yes I understand a price difference between options but that gap is HUUUUUUUUGE.

A rebuilt pedal rotary switch price like a rebuilt 3 speed wiper motor price? No way!
That does it, I'm asking Bob Renton for his opinion!!! :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back