• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Complete front suspension rebuild and some rear also.

Firm Feel sway? It looks like it and I have theirs on my car

It was a bungee cord to hold up the end of the control arm so I could set up every thing to press it down. It worked great
Yeah, not real easy to set up a control arm in a press, hold it in place and then grab the handle on the bottle jack. Having a motorized press pump and a foot switch would be real handy doing this stuff.

Firm Feel sway? It looks like it and I have theirs on my car
No PST with my discount belonging to this forum great deal . I bought a rear sway bar also.

Last edited:
Yeah, not real easy to set up a control arm in a press, hold it in place and then grab the handle on the bottle jack. Having a motorized press pump and a foot switch would be real handy doing this stuff.
I bought a press at Harbor freight it actually worked real well for doing this kind of job it was actually fun doing this it wasn't as hard as every one says it is .

Installed left torsion bar,lower ball joint, lower control arm, tie rod to knuckle and Bilstien front shock. I didn't get to finish the PST sway bar they sent me to long of a bolt and spacer so I made measurements and emailed them what I need. So and FYI if you order a front sway bar from PST for a 1973-74 Dodge Charger you might want to call them about there mid section sway bar kit.

20190523_202228.jpg 20190523_184757.jpg 20190523_191110.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Doug,

Im following up with our customer service department on your issue. I see that you are working with Dan here and he has received your photos of the bolts and sleeves in question. I have confirmed with him and he is in the process of getting replacements that are shorter. to you If you have any further questions please let us know.

Thanks
James From
PST

I didn't get to finish the PST sway bar they sent me to long of a bolt and spacer so I made measurements and emailed them what I need...

Yeah, same issue here, do you mind sharing your measurements? they had me send them a bunch of pictures, bolts and shaft way too long...

Yeah, same issue here, do you mind sharing your measurements? they had me send them a bunch of pictures, bolts and shaft way too long...
The pictures are above unless your asking for something different.

Hello Doug,

Im following up with our customer service department on your issue. I see that you are working with Dan here and he has received your photos of the bolts and sleeves in question. I have confirmed with him and he is in the process of getting replacements that are shorter. to you If you have any further questions please let us know.

Thanks
James From
PST
Thank you James yes Dan contacted me and we are working on it I appreciate it. The only problem I had with communication was I called twice on Monday and left a message for a call back and know one called me back it wasn't till I left a message on our website that Dan responded.

I was able to get some more parts installed today on the driver's side I'm almost done with this side then start on the passenger side the spindle, dust shield, and rotor . The comparison from start to finish is really remarkable looking you always picture it in your head but in person it looks even cooler.

20190525_191820.jpg 20190412_170607.jpg

In keeping with the thread title.....Here is some rear for you Doug:

bAcon.jpg

The drivers side is complete now onto the passenger side.

20190529_183144.jpg

Hey Doug, on the PST Swaybar, have you noticed how the bracket that attaches the swaybar to the strut arm hits the k-frame when you push the LCA all the way up until the bump stop makes contact with the k-frame? I am having that issue, will look at it closer today, was wondering if yours was doing the same and if you had to modify it... I even tried reversing the bolts... too close / hits.

20190530_175221.jpg
20190530_180417.jpg

Hey Doug, on the PST Swaybar, have you noticed how the bracket that attaches the swaybar to the strut arm hits the k-frame when you push the LCA all the way up until the bump stop makes contact with the k-frame? I am having that issue, will look at it closer today, was wondering if yours was doing the same and if you had to modify it... I even tried reversing the bolts... too close / hits.

View attachment 775007 View attachment 775008
I'm still waiting on my mid section new spacer and bolt when they come I'll check it out and get back with you. Thanks for the heads up. The more guys who buy there product for our year cars if we're having issues it's good they know 71-74 chargers are all not the same like some mfg think they are.

I'm still waiting on my mid section new spacer and bolt when they come I'll check it out and get back with you.

I just got mine and they are still too long... i can flip the swaybar with the bow towards the bottom which works but makes the swaybar hit the kframe... the other way it doesn't work, the spacer and bolt are too long... which doesn't really matter i can cut it down and buy a new bolt... but still... i have a lot of concerns it should just fit correctly... debating on returning mine or sticking it out and working with them. At the very least i can say they do listen and work with their customers.

I just got mine and they are still too long... i can flip the swaybar with the bow towards the bottom which works but makes the swaybar hit the kframe... the other way it doesn't work, the spacer and bolt are too long... which doesn't really matter i can cut it down and buy a new bolt... but still... i have a lot of concerns it should just fit correctly... debating on returning mine or sticking it out and working with them. At the very least i can say they do listen and work with their customers.
I'm leaving town for a week so I won't even be able to get to it for a couple of weeks anyways so like I said when I figure it out I'll let you know

I have a few questions to the issue that you are seeing with the clearance to the k-member prior to the bump stop making contact. I would like to know is the suspension loaded at the time of the picture? Has ride height been set? I am having a little difficulty with orientation. Are the torsion bars installed. From the pictures Hijinx provided it looks as though the k member is out of the car and the suspension is not fully in place. This could be adding to the issue with proper clearance.

Thanks
James

Auto Transport Service
Back