• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Considering 392 Swap in a 74 Roadrunner

J03K3R

Local time
9:34 AM
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to the forums but trying to get some information about doing a 392 swap into a 74 roadrunner. I want to use the original 727 that is mated to the 400 currently sitting in the car. Any help would be appreciated. I've done a bunch of reading around the forums and could not locate the correct threads that I was looking for.

Thanks,
Kyle

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums but trying to get some information about doing a 392 swap into a 74 roadrunner. I want to use the original 727 that is mated to the 400 currently sitting in the car. Any help would be appreciated. I've done a bunch of reading around the forums and could not locate the correct threads that I was looking for.

Thanks,
Kyle
Are you talking about a real 392 or a modern "hemi"?
Mike

Are you talking about a real 392 or a modern "hemi"?
Mike
Either way, that 400 TF727 won't bolt up. Both 392's use the small block bellhousing bolt pattern, and the Chrysler (Gen 1) needs a 1" spacer also.

Hi all,

Thanks,
Kyle
Big block 727 will not bolt to a Gen 3 Hemi, need one for a small block

Auto Transport Service
Back