• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coronet SRT-8

I knew someone was doing this! I found this thread, then couldn't find it, posted a thread asking questions about pros and cons of this vs other methods, and now I found it again lol. Considering this for my build also.

Thanks to everyone else bumping this, I found it! SO awesome. This is one of my dream builds to put my Coronet over some modern srt-8 suspension!! Some day..

So awesome, need updates, im an e-body guy but I very much want to put the rear in my challenger. Quick question too, instead of mounting the springs and shocks in the rear, would it be feasible to just mount some coil overs? Just a thought.

Sorry for the long pause, boys...the project got back burnered for a while to take care of some business commitments....

That's really great information about the aluminum components...the rear end is mostly aluminum arms...
I suppose I could have used coil overs, but the way I did it mimics the component mounting in my Challenger. The coils load to the frame "rails", the shocks locate way up in the body. And everything has a Mopar part number.

Last edited:
It's 64 1/2" from disc to disc outside mounting surfaces...the face the wheel bolts up to.

Tim did you ever finish this project? I just found this and glad to see I’m not the only one thinking this way. My project is a 64 polara but instead of tons of money on suspension I wanted to build one. Hoping to have the front and rear from a scar pack this week. Only difference is I have a hellcat and a scar pack drive train so will be modern power too.

Auto Transport Service
Back