• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

correct engine paint color?

dartforforty

Deceased, But not forgotton
Local time
12:07 AM
Reaction score
Does any one know the correct engine paint color for a 64 Sport Fury with a factory big block?
Thanks
Ed

My 64 I acquired in 68 had the classic greenish turquoise engine paint

426 Max Wedge, 426 Street Wedge, 383

iu-10.jpeg iu-9.jpeg iu-11.jpeg

You opened up a can of worms here! haha. There is lots of debates on this forum about "correct" engine color. Chrysler Blue is what its called, I believe. Different manufacturers have different tints that some think are better than others.

I think it the light..the turquoise available from Mopar now is really blue. I used VHT engine paint.

I used the one from NAPA. It says Chrysler blue on the can. Duplicolor is the brand. That's what is available in this area. I think its perfect!!

VHT SP126 with ceramic. Can't get it at the local parts stores! I guess they don't like Mopars!

Got my curiosity piqued, I know I had a rattle can of Chrysler turquoise somewhere in my garage.
Might have been NAPA.

Strange - I always remember that turquoise to have a greenish tint to it, at least after a couple years heat cycles, but many here say it has a more bluish tinge.

Auto Transport Service
Back