• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct use of Torqueflite 727 Red Billet Servo????

HAHNAGON

Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to correctly install this aftermarket billet servo? With a spring or without a spring? I can't find any clear information on it. Mine does not fit together very smoothly and I'm sure atf will help with that, but I wanted to run it by someone who has used it before. Any recommendations are welcome. Even if you tell me to throw it away, lol. Thank you.

20231216_143616.jpg

20231216_143638.jpg

20231216_143710.jpg

20231216_144218.jpg

Contact the manufacturer.

How does a servo return without a spring? Not very well!

Can anyone tell me how to correctly install this aftermarket billet servo? With a spring or without a spring? I can't find any clear information on it. Mine does not fit together very smoothly and I'm sure atf will help with that, but I wanted to run it by someone who has used it before. Any recommendations are welcome. Even if you tell me to throw it away, lol. Thank you.

View attachment 1574089

View attachment 1574090

View attachment 1574091

View attachment 1574093
I put it together without it and it shifts fine. However it doesn't have the quick, snappy shift like my last 727 that had one it. I put a transgo tf1 and a billet accumulator with blocker in it as well.

I put it together without it and it shifts fine. However it doesn't have the quick, snappy shift like my last 727 that had one it. I put a transgo tf1 and a billet accumulator with blocker in it as well.
I meant I put the trans together without the aftermarket servo.

It needs the spring. Without it you’re slowly killing the tranny. Kim
Yes. I put the factory servo and spring back in it and everything is fine, is what i meant by that. But I'm still curious because now I'm just sitting on this part. I'm sure I'll drop the pan again and if I know the correct installation I would like to try it.

Every 727 seems to have a little different shift on account of the valve body and clearances in the clutch packs and the band adjustment as well the lever ratio. Kim

I think that red servo is meant to replace the soft-shifting "controlled load" servo in later '70's transmissions. I used to block the accumulator piston, but found that caused harsh part-throttle shifts. I ended up just leaving the accumulator spring out. Chrysler did this with some truck transmissions.

Auto Transport Service
Back