• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cross Ram Jetting and Tuning

I have a very good article that member Fran Blacker sent me. Although the Hemi in the article has the inline 2x4 intake there are very good details about tuning 2 4bbls. PM me with your email address and I will send it to you.
Hi Ernesto!
Heres my email
[email protected]

latest update: carbs flooding
Waiting on a fuel pressure regulator …
Wish it was here- its really soggy here (Hurricane Ida) so its a good week to wrench

hows by you?- thanks, JD

Hey JD,

No weather to report I'm in Bryceville, FL BTW. Not NY. I've had the flooding carb situation as well. It was the needle and seat (x2). I now keep extra gaskets needle seats, jets, etc. I installed a regulator after tuning started as well. I run a HP mechanical with a Holley red pump to avoid possible vapor lock. Good luck with the weather. I will send the article.
Ernesto

thanks Ernesto!
That was a great article and I agree with you that there is a lot of information to digest there.

Im up here in North Georgia Area . I have suspected a high pressure situation on the HP mechanical as the carbs are brand new and I have set the floats now a couple times but still have too much fuel in the bowls. Before I start tuning I will get that sorted. I think I will order up some extra needles and seats though JIC! Let me know if you hear of a MOPAR show near us and Ill try to make it. ="64 Sportfury, post: 912000429, member: 8037"]Hey JD,

No weather to report I'm in Bryceville, FL BTW. Not NY. I've had the flooding carb situation as well. It was the needle and seat (x2). I now keep extra gaskets needle seats, jets, etc. I installed a regulator after tuning started as well. I run a HP mechanical with a Holley red pump to avoid possible vapor lock. Good luck with the weather. I will send the article.
Ernesto[/QUOTE]

After reading that article I checked my old carbs. Yep, they had holes drilled on the side of the main body in attempts to let in more air . Same result- fuel everywhere.

As I said, there isn't a whole lot of info on this subject because of the race-only purpose of the set up and how many folks are running Hemi on the street? The article is the first and only I've found that details the tuning extensively. Keep me posted on your results. I'd like to meet up at ashow some time as well.

Hi Ernesto!
Heres an update on the cross ram:
I am installing a fuel pressure regulator - I think I have high fuel pressure and its confounding my efforts. I got it mounted but need 2 more fittings to connect it (waiting on UPS). As soon as thats in Im starting a designed experiment to dial in the idle. Its 4 factors/16 treatments full factorial. I will report!

Hey JD. Glad to hear you're sticking with it. Regarding fuel pressure, I switch on the Holley blue pump during warmer days to help the mechanical pump. With the regulator it's a no brainer for me. Looking forward to your experiment. Are you going to the Summit Racing show in Mcdonough GA? I plan on going for one day depending on the weather.

Hi Ernesto!
I hadnt heard about the Summit show
Let me know when that is and Ill put on the calendar

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - Sunday, October 17, 2021
Atlanta Motor Speedway, Atlanta, GA

Get ready to enjoy the thrill of car-crushing monster truck action at Georgia’s largest motoring festival—the Summit Racing Equipment Atlanta Motorama.

Presented by American Force Wheels, the massive car show will be held from Saturday, October 16 to Sunday, October 17 at the Atlanta Motor Speedway.

Open to most anything with an engine, you’ll see muscle cars, classics, tuner cars, pickup trucks, big rigs, rat rods, motorcycles, boats, RVs, and more—including the infamous monster truck Sasquatch at-the-ready for a ride-along experience!

Big and little folks will all find lots to do with two full days of action-packed, high performance family fun. Activities will include:

• Gigantic Car Show
• Vintage RVs
• Million Dollar Salon
• Swap Meet
• Speedway Cruise
• Automotive Autocross
• Kids Zone
• Pinstripers’ Panel Jam
• Monster Truck Car Crush

Summit Racing Equipment Atlanta Motorama show hours are 9 am to 4 pm Saturday, October 16 and 9 am to 4 pm Sunday, October 17.

Save on the price of registration when you register your vehicle before September 20.

I plan on going on Saturday 10/16 weather permitting. I plan on taking my wagon. We'll meet up if you go.

Ernesto

I plan on going on Saturday 10/16 weather permitting. I plan on taking my wagon. We'll meet up if you go.

Ernesto
Sounds like a great show!
The boss lady says we are out of town this next weekend but thanks for the heads up! I really hadnt heard about this show.

cross ram update:
Fuel pressure regulator on!
Timing set
Will take for a test run today

E7BE2A4C-4A9A-40B8-9857-F0929D7B65DC.jpeg 3ED53B9A-053B-473C-8719-6FFFBF91DBF3.jpeg

I was hoping to hear how the car ran. I am not staying overnight but I may hit that pizza shop on my way in or out. I run 6psi on my set up. Works well.

I was hoping to hear how the car ran. I am not staying overnight but I may hit that pizza shop on my way in or out. I run 6psi on my set up. Works well.
I also set 6 psi
It runs MUCH better!!
Remind me your email I will send you a video!

pizza joint (just off I 75)
3844 SR 42 (basically main street Locust Grove )

Daaaaaaammmmmnnnnn. She sounds and looks killer! That's a steep hill and it sounds like your running an automatic. Any plans to get a time slip? As for mine it's strictly a cruiser.

Daaaaaaammmmmnnnnn. She sounds and looks killer! That's a steep hill and it sounds like your running an automatic. Any plans to get a time slip? As for mine it's strictly a cruiser.
Thank you Sir and thanks for your help!!
I will do some more testing and let you know how it goes

Auto Transport Service
Back