• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

crower 252hdp cam, anyone ever use one?

magvan

Local time
2:55 PM
Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone has ever used a crower 252hdp camshaft? i have one sitting here that i took out of my engine. it was a low miles RV engine and figured it had a stock cam in it. so i bought an engle k54 to install before i put it in my car. turns out the engine had been gone through before and was almost new inside (betting 10k miles) and had this crower cam in it.
i am putting together a 440 for a van and was thinking of using the camshaft.
they say mileage increase, anyone use one?, what kind of mileage were you getting?

https://www.crower.com/camshafts/mopar-350-440-b-compu-pro-hydraulic-cam-252-hdp.html

Looks like a good cam for a minor increase in performance in otherwise stock engines. I don’t see a big block actually getting good mileage it for what it is and what it is in....

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Use it and see what happens and report back on the results. I'm sure inquiry minds will want to know. Good Luck

very small cam. similar to the mopar 256 lopo cam. if your using 8:1 pistons it's probably ok.

That's a pretty mild cam, but might be okay for a van.

Chevy cam- you can do better
call mike jones at jones cams and get his mopar hyd special .305 cam lift 204 @ 50 but that's not really important about 256 @006 but is asymmetrical and about the biggest lobe you can get at that duration for a .906 lifter- or find one of the grinders that makes MOPAR masters at similar seat duration

Auto Transport Service
Back