• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

custom fuel cell i built for a mates Racecar

benno440

Local time
11:25 PM
Reaction score
88L fuel cell made out of marine grade aluminium, has tube style fuel sender and roll over vent valve.
leak tested good now to polish it up.

going into my mates VE valiant drag car.

20150618_104354.jpg
20150618_104347.jpg
20150616_171523.jpg
20150616_171452.jpg

so silly question regarding fuel cells in general
if the fuel outlet comes out the top do and you are suppose to mount the external fuel pump below the level of the pickup. do you loose pump efficiency by running the fuel line up out of the tank, and then through the floor of the trunk to the pump mounted below the tank? would that be the correct way to mount a pump and plum the fuel lines in this case? Or do you mount the external pump in the trunk and then run the lines through the trunk floor to the engine?

that is beautiful work job well done

Nice skills Mate !!

Attachments

• Smiley Thumbs Up Dude.jpg
    Smiley Thumbs Up Dude.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 234
so silly question regarding fuel cells in general
if the fuel outlet comes out the top do and you are suppose to mount the external fuel pump below the level of the pickup. do you loose pump efficiency by running the fuel line up out of the tank, and then through the floor of the trunk to the pump mounted below the tank? would that be the correct way to mount a pump and plum the fuel lines in this case? Or do you mount the external pump in the trunk and then run the lines through the trunk floor to the engine?

that is beautiful work job well done

My understanding is that fuel pumps do not do well with suction. In other words, they don't pull fuel well, they only push fuel well. So ideally, the fuel pump actually sits inside the tank and as low as possible so it directly draws fuel into it from the bottom of the tank. This also has the benefit of cooling the pump with the fuel.

If the pump is mounted externally, then you need gravity feed for the pump, so it must be mounted below the level of the tank.

yeh electric pumps need to be gravity fed, this tank I made has the outlet at the lowest rear point of the tank.

benno440 looks beautiful...

Benno440 there's rumor that a B.B 440 Head is being made to flow like the "Edelbrock Victor Head's" and are being made in Australia....Have you heard anything like this ??

No I haven't mate sorry, I will do some research with some mopar aussie buds and find out

cool stuff Benno, nice simple installation...

Auto Transport Service
Back