• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Customer Service - Worst experience ever...

detroit_inc

Local time
4:06 PM
Reaction score
Ordered and returned a terrible fitting six pack air cleaner. They said they would send a new one out as soon as they seen the returned item in route through tracking. This has been 5 weeks ago. Talked to 5 different customer service reps and each said my air cleaner was boxed and going to be shipped that day. Each appologized for it not going out. About to make contact with the 6th rep. I will fill you in. Not sure how Graveyard Carz can sponsor these people...

I saw those. is that the 159.00 model for the element. or the air cleaner cover.

Its a steel six pack air cleaner for a RamCharger hood. It think I paid about $475.

I'm about ready to order one been reluctant to purchase because of the pricing, let us know how the new one fit would appreciate it greatly. I've bought alot of stuff from them, the only problems I've ever had is when something is back ordered from one of there vendors, never on a return, hope it works out good luck!

I don't order a lot from them but a couple times now I've not had a good customer service experience. Everything got settled in the end but it was constant follow up on my end, 6-7 calls just to get a RA for door handles.

I rebuilt 3 car over the past 2 yrars and about to start another. Thinking of switching to PG Classics, would have been absolutely great to work with.

The air cleaner would not drop on the carbs. I think the stud holes were not welded on correctly, plus it came with one carb stud and one carb gasket for my six pack.

A buddy just restored a Cuda, Ordered & received a BUNCH of parts from Classic, he tells me all good & not a single problem.

They mostly handle products made by other manufacturers and don't always have control on how the product is made.

A couple of times I've had a problem with a part by other vendors and when they seem to be stalling it was because they were out of stock and were waiting for a replacement from the manufacturer. I've even received the part straight from the manufacturer instead of the vendor when this happens. I've contacted the manufacturer and asked questions also.

Sounds like it could be your situation. They pull what they have in stock just to discover there is a problem. Ask to talk to a manager/supervisor.

Not sure how Graveyard Carz can sponsor these people...

Money!

However, you haven’t experienced chit until you (LMFAO!!!) deal with Paxton! With my experience, I’d call Classic Industries a great place!

Not sure how Graveyard Carz can sponsor these people...
Other way around. CI is a sponsor of GYC, not vice versa.
CI is a drop shipper. I always have tried to avoid dealing with drop shippers if at all possible.

I've never personally had a problem with classic but I bought a 6 pack air cleaner from Herbs a few years ago and it was good quality and fit well

So, you finally learned that "customer service" is really "customer disservice. Good on you! Good Luck

I rebuilt 3 car over the past 2 yrars and about to start another. Thinking of switching to PG Classics, would have been absolutely great to work with.

The air cleaner would not drop on the carbs. I think the stud holes were not welded on correctly, plus it came with one carb stud and one carb gasket for my six pack.

Do not switch to PG classic, I did the same thing, the parts were the same shitty ones classic has but cost more, you wont be happy. It seems there is only one Chinese manufacturer and they all get them from the same place. I have had good luck with classic's customer servive but the parts are what they are.

Try Mr Moparts

For what it's worth, I have ordered two items from them and both went back due to bad quality. One, a dash pad that fell apart after a day, took 2 months to get a refund and I had to do the legwork with the vendor. Shitty service, never again.

Worst experience ever? Really? Your life is so great that THIS qualifies as the worst experience that you have ever had?
Bankrupcy? No. Wife cheating on you? No. Terrible disease? Kids with deformities? No....My order for a car part wasn't handled well.

:nutkick:

Worst experience ever? Really? Your life is so great that THIS qualifies as the worst experience that you have ever had?
Bankrupcy? No. Wife cheating on you? No. Terrible disease? Kids with deformities? No....My order for a car part wasn't handled well.

Wow! Just sarcasm. Its a hobby, not life or death. Now that I think about it, my life was pretty darn near perfect until Classic Industries customer service fed me BS for 5 weeks straight. If they were honest and said it would take a while to get a quality part, that would have sucked but I would have appreciated the honesty.

Reading that post was my worst experience ever!:D

A buddy just restored a Cuda, Ordered & received a BUNCH of parts from Classic, he tells me all good & not a single problem.
Yeah, I bought a TON of parts from Classic Industries and found the sales team to be great. Customer Service seems to be outsourced and poor at their jobs.

Auto Transport Service
Back