• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dakota Digital gauges for 71-74

I’m really impressed with the feel. I’m going to try and strip off my Rallye gauge bezel and give it a test fit this evening. Guess I’ve got to get that bezel restored now.

Ordered one for the Satellite Sebring, arrived today. Anyone else having any concerns with the apparent lack of upper mounting support for the two upper cluster mounting screws? Looks like the upper mounting is depending solely on the 50-year old plastic bezel for support, unlike the original. May have to remedy that. The brake warning light mount is not hooded like the original cluster frame, interesting. Other than that, nice looking piece. Going to miss my ammeter for sure.

Ordered one for the Satellite Sebring, arrived today. Anyone else having any concerns with the apparent lack of upper mounting support for the two upper cluster mounting screws? Looks like the upper mounting is depending solely on the 50-year old plastic bezel for support, unlike the original. May have to remedy that. The brake warning light mount is not hooded like the original cluster frame, interesting. Other than that, nice looking piece. Going to miss my ammeter for sure.
Noticed it says batt vs alt. If you come up with an improved mounting please share. Going to start installing mine next weekend hopefully.

Got my set in today. They look pretty dang good. Little buyers remorse as I didn’t really need to spend what I did on this. But they seem very well made.

IMG_4921.png

IMG_4922.png

IMG_4923.png

IMG_4924.png

IMG_4925.png

IMG_4926.png

IMG_4927.png

It’s a chunk of change, yes, but I look at it as rewarding a company for putting R&D in a niche market. If companies see money flying around for these cars, they’re liable to bring more of this kind of stuff to market.

It’s a chunk of change, yes, but I look at it as rewarding a company for putting R&D in a niche market. If companies see money flying around for these cars, they’re liable to bring more of this kind of stuff to market.
I agree 100% with you.

Anyone get their RTX installed, up running yet? Finally getting around to working on mine, does need some extra support for sure, depends too much on the original plastic bezel for its mounting support across the top in my opinion. Concerned too, there is no radio frame support around the shafts as does the original cluster frame. Overall fit seems fairly good, modifications have been pretty minimal so far, just need to fab some additional support brackets.
IMG_0260.JPG

IMG_E0267.JPG

IMG_E0268.JPG

IMG_E0271.JPG

Last edited:
The RTX cluster is installed and powered up. Some quick sensor set-ups and its fully functional. Just need get it out and calibrate the speed sensor.
IMG_E0279.JPG

IMG_E0283.JPG

IMG_E0286.JPG

When I was collecting parts for my RR/GTX restoration, I bought two ’72 Satellite Sebrings as parts cars, one was eventually scraped after harvesting all useful parts, the other turned out to be not all that bad. I have been slowly putting it together as a RR clone with my left-over 72' RR/Sat parts. Pretty much done mechanically, just need to final paint it.
20200322_134112.jpg

20200425_152727.jpg

You planning on integrating their cruise control with that factory stalk? That was on my to-do list with these gauges also.
That was the original plan, try to use a factory switch, but had them send their turn signal mounted switch with the CRS-3000 kit. The original factory doesn’t ohm out the same as the supplied switch (the instructions have a chart included to verify the correct switch function), pictured is the switch that came with the kit. Kind of cheezie looking but should work for this car, will finish up the cruise control at a later date likely.

IMG_E0294.JPG

Last edited:
Others doing this installation will likely run into this as well. The DD uses a LED brake waring light. Its dimly lit with the pressure differential switch connected at the combination valve, key on, parking brake off. Any LED used as a brake warning light will do this on these cars as well. There is not enough resistance through the brake fluid to keep the LED off completely, works fine for an incandescent bulb. My quick fix, a 12v reed relay (old Radio Shack part kicking around) between the pressure deferential switch and the rest of the brake warning circuit. Problem solved.
Reed relay brake warning.jpg

IMG_E0295.JPG

Last edited:
Others doing this installation will likely run into this as well. The DD uses a LED brake waring light. Its dimly lit with the pressure differential switch connected at the combination valve, key on, parking brake off. Any LED used as a brake warning light will do this on these cars as well. There is not enough resistance through the brake fluid to keep the LED off completely, works fine for incandescent bulb. My fix, a 12v reed relay (old Radio Shack part kicking around) between the pressure deferential switch and the rest of the brake warning circuit. Problem solved.
View attachment 1498774
View attachment 1498776
Well that explains my dim brake light LOL. I have bleed and bleed till the cows come home and replaced the switch and ensured the shuttle valve was centered. And it the was LED I upgraded to...

Auto Transport Service
Back