• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dale's Cuda Shop exterior door handles

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:43 PM
Reaction score
I just received a pair of handles from Dale's for my 69 Be and noticed that the ball stud bracket on the passenger side is reversed from the original. Looks like it will work fine by just flipping over the rod clip, but I dont remember having to do that on my other cars. Anybody else noticed this, or maybe the one I got with the car is wrong?

20190411_164652.jpg 20190411_164705.jpg

It's location will be off slightly as well, and won't allow your door to lock properly. Justin covers this in his thread and swapped over his OE innards and I have brought it up as well as the paint guys installed mine as is before I got to them. On mine my drivers side worked just fine and on the passenger side the lock couldn't engage. All I had to do was remove the heavy push rod from door handle to latch mechanism and bend both ends some to shorten the overall length. Works like a dream.. MIND YOU>. looking at my picture, my new one has the ball at the door latch end for passenger side.. and the same as yours for drivers. I'll have to check my OE's tomorrow and compare to yours..
beerestoration2019 2876.JPG

Thanks, I'll dig through Justin's bible to see what he did. I wonder if anybody has brought this up to the supplier?

I have an NOS four door rear handle and the link is on the opposite side.

The only manufacture that offers both styles for the mechanism is Trim Parts. So even ordering from them, you have to know how your car was initially equipped. As mentioned above, the work around is to reuse your original mechanism. Otherwise, the geometry of the linkage will not be optimized.

The only manufacture that offers both styles for the mechanism is Trim Parts. So even ordering from them, you have to know how your car was initially equipped. As mentioned above, the work around is to reuse your original mechanism. Otherwise, the geometry of the linkage will not be optimized.
I agree, I installed some NOS ones until I could have my originals rechromed. I reinstalled the old ones and reboxed the NOS.

Thanks for the info. Wish I would have known that a week ago.

Really surprised that the repos made a left and a right mechanism.. as mine, like yours, the OE's used the same part for both sides. This puts the ball forward on the drivers side and rearward on the passenger side and how my reproductions are as well.

Don't remember who I got mine from, but can look it up if you want to know!? I would just clean up and use your OE mechanisms!
beerestoration2019 3089.JPG
beerestoration2019 3091.JPG

Really surprised that the repos made a left and a right mechanism.. as mine, like yours, the OE's used the same part for both sides. This puts the ball forward on the drivers side and rearward on the passenger side and how my reproductions are as well.

Don't remember who I got mine from, but can look it up if you want to know!? I would just clean up and use your OE mechanisms!
View attachment 748916 View attachment 748917
You must have got yours from Trim Parts if they are the only ones making them as originals like 69bfan stated. I am going to just reuse the old mechanism for the passenger side and call it a day.

Auto Transport Service
Back