• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash Caps-----Accuform, Coverlay, or Palco?

MOBodyman

Local time
2:08 AM
Reaction score
I've decided to just use a dash cap on the '69 500 I'm trying to get back on the road.

Has anyone had any experience with any of these? My main concern is fit and how well it covers the damage in the old pad.

Thanks,
Dallas

I've decided to just use a dash cap on the '69 500 I'm trying to get back on the road.

Has anyone had any experience with any of these? My main concern is fit and how well it covers the damage in the old pad.

Thanks,
Dallas
worked well for me.

I'm not sure what brand I used, but I was very pleased with the results. I suggest you clamp everything up really well to make sure the glue sets.

Bought one from Dante's and it did not cover, left about 1\8 inch exposed up front and the trim on the side was short and left a gap at the a pillar moulding, returned that one.
Bought one from Rock Auto and it covered perfectly, also the one from Rock had longer side trim that I had to remove the a pillar moulding to install, sorry can't remember the brand names.

Bought one from Dante's and it did not cover, left about 1\8 inch exposed up front and the trim on the side was short and left a gap at the a pillar moulding, returned that one.
Bought one from Rock Auto and it covered perfectly, also the one from Rock had longer side trim that I had to remove the a pillar moulding to install, sorry can't remember the brand names.

Rock Auto currently sells Coverlay. I have no idea if that's the only brand they have ever sold.
I emailed Dante to see which brand he sells. Update, Dante sells Palco.
Thanks for the info,
Dallas

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back