• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash lights not working...

Jonny

Local time
11:13 AM
Reaction score
I have changed the fuses no dice. The blinkers and high beam light work, but nothing else does. The next idea I would have would be the dash voltage regulator, but can anyone tell me WHERE the voltage regulator is on a 73 charger standard dash? I have a manual, but it doesn't show WHERE it is under the dash. Thanks!!

BTW
:worthless_thread:

Have you had your cluster out lately and is everything else working ok? Also, I don't think the dash regulator affects the lights....just the gauges. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Do you have power to the circuit board that feeds the lights and are you sure all the lights are good?

I had no dash lights most of the time, sometimes they would flicker on really dim. My dash light dimmer switch was shot. It is part of your headlight pull switch on your car, I think. Look at the coiled wire on the round ceramic disk and see if it is burnt or broken, also check the spring loaded contact that touches it. Good luck!

The voltage regulator is mounted to the back of the rally dash on a 73 b body. Its hard to see from below unless you know where to look. Check out the Chrysler manual wiring diagrams and its shows the back of the instrument panel and the location of the regulator.
If you cant find it pm me with your email address and I will pdf it to you.
Ralph

EVERYTHING on the dash works BUT the actual illumination. I guess I assumed that if every other light worked that it would be the regualtor. I Havent checked the dimmer switch, but will do that too, never thought to bother with that because all the other lights worked.
I will check back through my hanes manual for the exploded view of the back of the dash and get back to you. Thanks everyone!

so.... it was the switch, the spring on the disc was broken off. I replaced it and the lights work now. I can now see how fast I am going at night! Thanks guys!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back