• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dashboard Paint

Satellite65

Local time
7:16 AM
Reaction score
My Satellite did not come equipped with a dash pad. It has the metal top that was painted (black) with a textured paint, I believe it was called suede. Does anyone know where to get this stuff and is it available in rattle cans?

Thanks.

Would you happen to remember which store you purchased it from and what brand of paint it was?

It was a local parts store called Levines.

Have you tried Eastwood's ( check them out on line ) I'm sure I've seen it there.

Thanks.

Eastwood's a no-go. I'm going to call Levine's tomorrow. None of the major mfgs. (Krylon, Dupli-Color, Rust-o-leum, Plast-cote) has anything.
Dupli-Color has a suede finish but it's not in black and it's only available in the UK.

The guy that painted my 65 dash used a primer not sanded then put the color on with a flattening agent. Looks stock..

this is the paint i used on my 65 coronets dash manufacter is sem part#15243 satin black it is a interior paint for metal or vinyl and it worked great.

Hi if i could put my 2 cents in also.I redid my dash also .What i did was to sand it down to metal.I washed the metal with a good cleaner ,you wont beleive how long fingerprints will last .I did this four or five time with a clean cloth everytime.We have a auto store here called cross canada paint supplys ,and i bought a real good quality of primer in a spray bomb.If you buy the cheap stuff they dont seem to put enought dryers in the primer or the paint.turned out perfect.so buy a good primer & paint

Sometimes you just get lucky.

I was in WalMarx today and happened to walk pass the aisle with the spray paint. I needed some gloss black for something else so I decided to pick up a can. Well, they didn't have any Rust-O-Leum gloss black but I did manage to find some Rust-O-Leum 'textured' black (when I was on their website I typed 'suede' in the search field and came up with nothing). I bought a can, took it home, tried it on a piece of scrap and viola, we have a winner!!! Looks great.

Auto Transport Service
Back