• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dave Walden '70 4 door Barracuda: SEMA 2017 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:52 PM
Reaction score
What happened? I thought that he was entered in the battle of the builders but I can't find any info on it. There were videos when the car was first unveiled several months ago, Dave spoke of the upcoming SEMA contest.
I'm not posting this to provoke arguments about the car, I know that as many people like it as dislike it. I respect the talent it takes to build a car to this level, don't you?

The guy who he paid & who actually did the work, yes...
Dave & his stories, oh Hell NO...

Oh no, not that/him again...

Smiley ECS Delusional Obsessed-Neurotic-Wannabes.jpg

Dave was promoting the car heavily, then it seemed that the buzz just fizzled out. Maybe he backed out of the competition? Some of the cars in those contests are unbelievable.

This is a devastating blow to my afternoon. The best executed destruction of design ever seen.
Saw it in Vegas at MATS.

Some things are not meant to be. Look at the overall portions. Not the Bitchin Brute intended by the talent of designer.

This whole Dave Walden incident the car he built and the reaction it got was a disgrace. Way to much over the top drama over a car know less. You like it, great, you dont great, move on.

The Kern wants another round.

Like 22's on a B Body. Nyet. I said it was well executed.

This whole Dave Walden incident the car he built and the reaction it got was a disgrace. Way to much over the top drama over a car know less. You like it, great, you dont great, move on.

After watching "that video", I was shocked to learn that "NOTHING" on an original Baracuda fit that car
All custom fabricated
Impressive to say the least!

Now: "Im OUT"

And, there is nothing of the original 'Cuda panache.

To each, his own. Me, I would've preferred a modern 4-door Charger built into a 2-door the way it was meant to be. Rather than a 4-door Cuda which was NEVER meant to be.

Dave had an idea for a car build. He pulled it off.

The controversy came from Dave himself and his story. Daves personality gave flames to the idea and the details of the build became a side topic.
It is done--The car is done-- I sure hope Dave does not come back here to open this up yet again.:eek:
If he does we all know where that will lead.
I jousted with Dave many times and the only way to stop the banter was to -in effect- bow to him and apologize.
He is a need to get the last word kind of guy.

Last edited:
It's a cool car, no doubt. The workmanship is incredible as with the details.

My only problem is faking the history of these cars.

Dave? I have a little history with Dave and it wasn't about a four door car. In the end we settled it and became friendly. He never acted like a tough guy with me or used foul language directed at me. Dave gives as good as he gets and he got plenty here over that car. Maybe he is wound a little tight, i dont know but the guy was always willing to help out others with advice and knowledge

Ok
Cool car, excellent workman ship. This is all that appeared to be good about any off this.
Over and out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back