• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dayclona Daytona

that car on the left was on ebay a long time ago

Dayclona,
What's your next project going to be? I've watched your progress with your cars in magazines making what what could have been what now is. Great work! It's great to see you produce cars that Chrysler was working on and the the differant ideas they had.

Dayclona,
What's your next project going to be? I've watched your progress with your cars in magazines making what what could have been what now is. Great work! It's great to see you produce cars that Chrysler was working on and the the differant ideas they had.

Adam,......thanks for the compliments!.....Much Appreciated!

Well I can't let the cat out of the bag?.....yet?.....but I have several projects in the works......history revisited

Been real busy lately with customers, working on several customers cars.....ones even a "chevy":black_eye:.......1955 Belair.......making Tona'/ Bird parts for customers......leaves little time for personal projects,.......but the personal projects that I do, are for myself, what I desire.......not something to be part of the crowd, or building the latest "bling/Billet" ride.......plus my daughter has plans for me......to build with her, a dodge version of a "grave digger" "bigfoot" truck, for herself..........have a nice 71 dodge power wagon 200 4X4 to start with..........Ahhh never enough projects!..........so whata building/ working on, currently Adam?

Mike

Adam,......thanks for the compliments!.....Much Appreciated!

Well I can't let the cat out of the bag?.....yet?.....but I have several projects in the works......history revisited

Been real busy lately with customers, working on several customers cars.....ones even a "chevy":black_eye:.......1955 Belair.......making Tona'/ Bird parts for customers......leaves little time for personal projects,.......but the personal projects that I do, are for myself, what I desire.......not something to be part of the crowd, or building the latest "bling/Billet" ride.......plus my daughter has plans for me......to build with her, a dodge version of a "grave digger" "bigfoot" truck, for herself..........have a nice 71 dodge power wagon 200 4X4 to start with..........Ahhh never enough projects!..........so whata building/ working on, currently Adam?

Mike
my youngest loves grave digger , cant wait to see your idea ! he will love it for sure !!

I have a '56 Coronet that's been on the back burner for a while. It's a 4dr that I bought fom the original owners family ( I'm a close friend of the family ). When I get around to it I want to put a 440 with a 5spd in it. I want to keep it stock looking for the most part, just a couple changes most people wont notice at first glance. My currant project is a '68 340 S Barracuda fastback... 69k original miles, red with red side strip, Marron interior, floor auto, A/C, white wall tires, 3.23:1 non posi, delux hub caps. It's an odd ball. When I'n done it'll have a factory disc setup ( I already have the compleat setup... what a pita to find new parts for & lots of $$$$ ), and a posi. I'm shooting for a stock resto R-12 and all. I will go with 2 1/2" exhaust too.
I know alot more people are moding there cars now vs bone stock, but on at least one car i'd like to be able to hop in and feel like it's 1968 again.
My altimate goal car will be a '68 Charger R/T clone with an all Aluminum Hemi and 6spd, I want it to look bone stock but put out just a little more hp. lol
Keep up the jaw droping work,

Awesome, I hope to see you at carlisle for mopar week when it comes back around, i didn't see you guys last year, this year was my first. I think i read that that real green 70 daytona was sold 30 min from my house. You got any more pics, i really like that car.

Last edited:
I do that every time I hear about a "real" 70 Daytona.
Sorry. No offense intended. It's just a knee jerk reaction. Goes way back.

I do that every time I hear about a "real" 70 Daytona.
Sorry. No offense intended. It's just a knee jerk reaction. Goes way back.

I think JJ claimed to have one of those in his museum at one point. That is why I wondered about the stories that might have been told about my old Superbird....since it supposedly spent time in his museum as well.

I think JJ claimed to have one of those in his museum at one point. That is why I wondered about the stories that might have been told about my old Superbird....since it supposedly spent time in his museum as well.

jerry's is well documented and a very very early clone done at the dealership for the original owner before it left the lot. But that in no way makes it a real factory 70 daytona. My two cents

If it was it was, i still think its really neat. Read the bottom of this page, i dont know if some of you all saw it on that page or not.
http://www.superbird.com/70dcd.html Im not trying to get you to think what you dont think i true, just showing off these neat links.

Great info there glean what you want out of it . Sue george is one of my best friends and weather she would state that car was facotry build with the current information out there now i dont know . But untill factory paper work shows up I will believe they are all dealer built !! No daytonas started life build at the st louis plant !

I've always felt that at least one was mocked up for displays, etc and then either returned to stock form or destroyed. Didin't the original watermelon car have the stock back glass? Would have been simple to convert that one back. Chrysler didn't waste many cars. They couldn't afford to. That's why they converted some of the display cars each year rather than replacing them altogether. In other words, I think that the watemelon car was real. Now could you consider it a real daytona? Don't know. Kind of a gray area there.

Yep, its like people who do and don't believe in the big foot myth but either way, i think its neat, i wonder if that green one is still around here in maryland, its rumored to but i doubt it. But i hear you on paper work stuart. Did they even have 1970 charger 500s? if so that probably could of been made into one but ive never seen a 70 500, only a converted 69 into a 70.

Auto Transport Service
Back