• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dayclona Daytona

here is sue's comment she emailed me after i emailed her this thread.

Hi Stuart:

Thanks for sending me the thread on Jerry's car. Yeah, someday when I get time I'm going to have to go in and change that page a little bit. At the time I wrote it, what 15 years ago?, I was lead to believe (by Jerry) that the "invoice" that was on display with the car was a genuine Chrysler factory document. I probably should've known better as Jerry is a bit of a story teller.

Of course, if these people will read between the lines, they would realize that I did say it is a CONVERSION kit added to a Charger SE. My only fault was believing it was a conversion made prior to the dealership, due to the fact that I believed the document came from the assembly plant. I really appreciate you're sticking up for me. Thanks. Sue

my freand has a real daytona and its 23000miles and he bought it about 4300$

its the only daytona in iran
its 440-4 4speed

Last edited by a moderator:
hi mike, nice to talk to ya. My question is ,if and where,do you drive these cars? I love the look of the wing cars that could of been but have never seen one at any shows. Im a south shore {bridgewater} boy and been to all the shows but Ive never seen them. Do you not do "shows" ? or have i just missed them, I know they must be super sweet in person from what ive seen in print , :confused:thanks

Hopefully the wingcar forum will pick up here,.....the DC.com site was getting real stale........same topics year after year., nothing really "moving" over there?..........so If I can help you guys out with any technical advice, or photos feel free to ask.....looks like we'll be a little more relaxed over here?

Mike G/ DAYCLONA
Hi,

I am trying to track down a headliner for my 70 Barracuda Gran Coupe. Can you help me?

Hi,

I am trying to track down a headliner for my 70 Barracuda Gran Coupe. Can you help me?
Last time he was on here was an 1/8th of a century ago...

Need help ,
I have a Dayclona kit for a Daytona. Just now putting it together. Got it a long, long time ago 15/20 years? Does anyone have and info on the light bucket assy? thanks Stuart from Foxboro, Mass

ok will do, Also purchased some new fender seals and they say they don't come with the metal strips? does anyone have a picture of them? Probably will have to make some. Thanks

Most people extend the factory 70 Charger pieces. If you use them the top section is already made. I would probably use a second set of original 70 Charger pieces,flip them left to right and cut them to fit. You can see in this picture of my car where the factory 70 Charger fender seals end.
20221001_141029.jpg

Last edited:
If your talking about the seals. I ordered a set of seals that said they where for a Daytona. We will c when they come in.

I never was able to post pictures at dodge charger .com. So here I am! But I still visit the website on occasion.

If your talking about the seals. I ordered a set of seals that said they where for a Daytona. We will c when they come in.
I was referring to the metal pieces that hold the seals onto the fenders. The stock 70 Charger pieces will hold the upper part of the Daytona fender seals in place,then using a second set of the 70 Charger metal pieces, flipping them upside down and left to right and cutting and shaping them to ft to the lower part of the valence pan to keep the Daytona seals in place.

Thanks, does anyone repo them? Or a salvage yard?

I don't think anyone reproduces them, but if they did, I would check with Charger Specialties. Probably more of a swap meet item, unless you know of any yards that have 70 Chargers in them.

Actually the same style of channel that holds the nose gasket on also holds the hood to nose 50" in gasket on, Its a small c channel. so now I have a sample so I can make it.

Auto Transport Service
Back