• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daytona 500 Parade

Dang....haven't finished watching it yet LOL. Hoooray KB didn't win it!! Btw, the trucks put on a better show imo.

Should be using a HellCat. No place for trucks in a car race.
I like the truck races....even when they were running the big ones it was cool to watch lol but yeah, I agree with you on using a truck to pace a car race.

I like the truck races....even when they were running the big ones it was cool to watch lol but yeah, I agree with you on using a truck to pace a car race.

Watching Semi trucks on a dirt track doing 90 mph is cool! They take off on the green flag, race around the track and when they get back where they started, there is still a big cloud of black smoke there that they disappear into. Sometimes they come through it, sometimes they don't!

Watching Semi trucks on a dirt track doing 90 mph is cool! They take off on the green flag, race around the track and when they get back where they started, there is still a big cloud of black smoke there that they disappear into. Sometimes they come through it, sometimes they don't!
On a side note....I really don't care what the race is paced by. They can use a bicycle of it can maintain the required speed :D

Daytona isn't racing. Its follow the leader until someone tries to pass. The cars are so aero dependant they can't do it without help or the crash.
And if you believe the na$car line about the end of the plates you have been drinking their Kool Aid.
They say they will be using a tapered spacer or manifold or throttle body. That is a restrictor. It just doesn't use a plate between the TB and manifold.

Daytona isn't racing. Its follow the leader until someone tries to pass. The cars are so aero dependant they can't do it without help or the crash.
And if you believe the na$car line about the end of the plates you have been drinking their Kool Aid.
They say they will be using a tapered spacer or manifold or throttle body. That is a restrictor. It just doesn't use a plate between the TB and manifold.

It's like "two men enter, one man leaves".

It's no wonder attendance is way down for most races. NASCAR has become my wife's comment about racing "how can you watch a bunch of cars going in a circle". They have made this sport so boring by one mistake after another with the design of these cars. I have been a fan since the beginning, and have attended races since the 70's, and I wouldn't go to one now for free. The un-aerodynamic trucks are best of the three. The powers that be seem to be clueless. Can't understand, with all the great engineers nascar teams have, why they aren't aloud to have a better say in what should be on the track.

Last edited:
Power was out 2 times last week
4 days one time & a day & 1/2 the other
& it's cold as hell
it sucks

I missed most all of it, just saw highlights
typical wreck-fest/a couple driver had
red rage/checkers or wreckers
in the past 20-10-4 laps or so

only 11 cars were in the final laps

cluster ****

I had Kyle Busch & Kevin Harvick (my go to guys)
on my clash pick (with Logano too)
didn't get my race picks in I don't think

It's no wonder attendance is way down for most races. NASCAR has become my wife's comment about racing "how can you watch a bunch of cars going in a circle". They have made this sport so boring by one mistake after another with the design of these cars. I have been a fan since the beginning, and have attended races since the 70's, and I wouldn't go to one now for free. The un-aerodynamic trucks are best of the three. The powers that be seem to be clueless. Can't understand, with all the great engineers nascar teams have, why they aren't aloud to have a better say in what should be on the track.
I enjoy watching the trucks much more than I did the other two series....

Must not be getting much done on it since you're on here.

Focus on the Race and other things please?
S
Sounds like someone needs to push buttons on their tv remote instead of on their keyboard

Ha Ha.. your comment is utterly ridiculous jb400...
Thanks to MODs like Kiwi, Cranky, TallHair and the rest of them..ColoradoDave....
This Forum is "Top Tier"
And, unlike YOU and your adolescent remarks, these Forum Member "WORK" for free to keep the "channels open" against childish "Sand Box" skirmishes...of wich YOU always seem to be in the Center of, the crying bratty kid throwing the sand...
Furthermore, I have seen the Progress of Kiwi's MOPAR....I do not see how he has accomplished so much this past year....
Quite frankly, his Mopar would make anyone on this forum jealous
So: Some advice, lay off and give some of the guys a break...especially the ones who deserve a break...like the MODs, ok?
"We do" have the best Forum on the NET...and Can Have and even better one if we all just support each other, not "picking" here and there.
Your a Good Guy jb400, I do know that, but sometimes these comments are ungrounded...and hurtful..

Unfortunately, much like the NFL, NASCAR has become: "too big"
It is a Huge business, advertisements, Hype etc.
NASCARs' estimated revenue is $670 Million annually

Napcar has become soo boring, other than the restrictor plate race "big ones"....it's like watching one long commercial. I only watch the Daytona 500 because it's on local FOX channel, cannot see any reason to pay for cable TV, which we gave up years ago.

While we're here,I gave up on pro stock now also.Yes there are 2 MOPAR bodies BOTH with GM power.I know Alan personally,but when he put an Elite engine in,,,I was done!He says he's still working on his hemi program,,,,,,,we'll see.I like the factory showdown with the MOPAR,ford & chevy.Reminds me of the old days of pro stock,but NHRA will find a way to phuck that up too!!
NASCAR died for me when Dale died.

While we're here,I gave up on pro stock now also.Yes there are 2 MOPAR bodies BOTH with GM power.I know Alan personally,but when he put an Elite engine in,,,I was done!He says he's still working on his hemi program,,,,,,,we'll see.I like the factory showdown with the MOPAR,ford & chevy.Reminds me of the old days of pro stock,but NHRA will find a way to phuck that up too!!
NASCAR died for me when Dale died.

well, you know I spent the entire day in the Tasca Camp, Pomona, February 8th...
I went to school with them, all grown up now...
The Funding required to run in those circles is staggering!
Unbelievable!
Mopar left NASCAR, slimming down on NHRA...?

I watching Lights Out in Georgia last weekend,it was livestreamed.Those races I enjoy watching! Last year 3 local to me guys won their classes,this year was 1 and one of the crew that was on the line backing him up was 1 of last years winners.
They ran the 1/8 and the bump was a staggering 3.95 !!!:lowdown::lowdown::lowdown::lowdown:

Napcar has become soo boring, other than the restrictor plate race "big ones"....it's like watching one long commercial.

the only thing that made it so much more interesting to me was
you could throw a few bucks around on some longshots and sit back and watch.
I threw a few bucks around on a couple of long shots
DiBenedetto and Mcdowell would of won me a couple grand I had them at 200 to 1
and also had kyle bush and Blaney and Manard all were around 18/ 35 to one
I had 4 drivers in the top 10 with 8 laps left..... Bush was leading
yeah I lost but I had a reason to watch and cuss at it.
just one good accident away from cashing in
which is so much more then I can say about it in a long time.
the thing is now I will ignore it until next year..lol
if I want to watch some racing I will go to
Wall and watch some local dirt track.

Last edited:
Have they added some Magnesium to rims or skid plates just for extra ooohs and ahhhhs?

It sure was a major fireworks display. Never seen nothing like that before.

Auto Transport Service
Back