• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Derwud's 70 Charger R/T build.

So Motor is coming back out, I need to fix my Oil Feed line and then install the Headers and start working to have it make MOTOR noises.. I will probably go roadkill and strap 2 gallon fuel jug on the nose with a cheap Electric pump for now until I can decide what is next..

Well Pulled the engine and fixed the oil pick-up line and then re-installed with the headers.. Basically cut the straight fitting off and went 120 degree fittings at both ends.. fits great now.

CNdyrDMrTYMGByy-m_6J2qVRcowJK8ex0JTTEDeLoa80KuxGUcIUBGHSpiflvxYuxrDZQfzyvtaENwHo7Y=w1302-h976-no.jpg

fLdSWbVWCypR4u0TDhMn9LAFLyLGEzPv40TgZ-e-k5gISHAURfEXtJmoFrBGywP6E4YQXfIZzGWQDAMyHU=w1302-h976-no.jpg

Starting on the Serpentine Set-Up..
sOTnjL0hX8Akf9OiGWnOZuI-z-ljLdfG4-gN9rQpjwje9mpx5qOEawfa0d_voK5sYSmWOzvhzYD_xrps-Q=w1236-h928-no.jpg

Starter in and Wired, adding a jump spot where the Battery was..
yWldJ1B-g_FKokJJALqg5ETUxAthzEZgt8zmIjGM9wch90bTpVN-l4FGSVEXM6tOZDTxvzPK9Byy7ElZgg=w1236-h928-no.jpg

Clutch and Bellhousing installed
X-SQREfKbtwzYf4kAvtc8UT4yDtkrNTbO_bt1kA5IAa1xEeTwaONX3_G6Rls5uvdyAwRVCCzrkQK0nhKdw=w1236-h928-no.jpg

What's the tone wheel/sensor for?

Installed a under hood jump spot since the Battery will be in the trunk.. Have to install a power and ground point under there.
O7lgnaxxxUTV8nVUW65skkjzsKZ33LFtdIoMZNJfbH6xQ0hUY6Q-qkz2UfG6ZlOVAf2nhC8P87ShmBSu9-w=w704-h938-no.jpg

vGpJVO5eRw8DNjMUQClN6oisy7ShIJjOZfaxxubK39meCubVKUZmzgUyW8gJ1owoGD7_YxPzjOJS8bv7tQ=w1251-h938-no.jpg

Installed a under hood jump spot since the Battery will be in the trunk.. Have to install a power and ground point under there.
View attachment 678618

View attachment 678619

Looks great, just a question for you, I want to put the battery in the trunk also, why do you need a power and ground point under the hood? And where will they be connected to under there?

I was planning to put the ground point at the same place it was before, connected to the front of the engine (just like you did it seems) but didn't know about the power point...

I wanted a Jumper point under the hood, you know just in case.. So I am going to run a cable from the trunk to the Starter and this will serve as a Jump spot and power point. If you didn't want to add a jumper spot, you could either run a 8 gauge wire from the starter to the starter relay or a separate wire from the Battery.

Had some Progress after work Wednesday. Trans is in and tried fitting radiator. I huge shout out again to Dennis H and 69GTX for the help an motivation.
ZWciYR2H8KDuPy_l95_6M0JCTcYX0yxqUia7vz1eQj9If1c-VQFOvipHaiohW7LNHbs2uB2LTtSkLQLj5mw=w732-h976-no.jpg
wYoKuvIaMK614kqMfbff0PnvViMi5rj0wpF8qUPH8Sg97hN11fkbHGpHFJw5MnwNA3M7WsEb2M03fUNxcA=w1302-h976-no.jpg

cq225dOJLS6tzph6XCALCn9Bxsk0XI56-6vZbtpsrkJAdDaz2Kgtza6ZwTmkpHQTMtNffKSHT643-ka9ZiM=w732-h976-no.jpg

Ok thank you for the info, just to be sure because I'm not really good with electricity and I am afraid to make mistake, I put an 8 gauge wire from the starter to the starter relay, and one big wire also, from the same attached point on the starter relay going to the trunk on the battery?

I'm curious, why does the radiator neck have 2 hose barbs?

Driveshaft ordered, she will be back on her wheels again soon..

It is a reflection, you have it to polished up!

Is that a O2 sensor bung in the collector of the drivers side header?

Auto Transport Service
Back