• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DEVASTATING BUS CRASH I CAME ACROSS MINUTES BEFORE

MOPOWER871

Local time
1:52 AM
Reaction score
WAS COMING HOME WITH MY FAMILY AFTER CELEBRATING MY FATHERS 76 BIRTHDAY AND CAME ACROSS THIS BAD BUS CRASH THAT JUST HAPPENED. BUS HAD JUST PICKED UP THESE HIGH SCHOOL KIDS FROM JFK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT AND WAS DRIVING THEM HOME WHEN THE BUS HIT THE UNDERPASS ON THE PARKWAY HOPE THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT BEEN CONTACTED FROM EVERY NEWS AGENCY ACROSS THE COUNTRY, EVEN JAPAN . CRAPPY VIDEO BUT WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM A CELL PHONE AT NIGHT. THOUGHT I'D SHARE.

Last edited:
Oh man I hope everyone's ok....sickening. Sorry that you crossed paths with that, too..

Trucks and buses are not allowed on the southern state parkway due to the low overpasses. How does the bus company not know that ?

Trucks and buses are not allowed on the southern state parkway due to the low overpasses. How does the bus company not know that ?
Especially when there are warning signs at EVERY access point, and signs everywhere in NY that say NO TRUCKS OR BUSES ON PARKWAY!!
Expressway OK Parkway NOWAY!!
Prayers to those involved.

Sad stupid ****,
I hope all with any injuries have a full & speedy recovery
over 40 injured & 6 seriously

My deepest heartfelt condolences goes out "to all the victims"

I'm sure there'll be lawsuits directed to the bussing co., rightly so too
they are at fault, the driver should know better
I'm sure the overpasses are marked for height too
even if he/she didn't know they weren't allowed,
even all the damn signs saying so
he/she should have known how tall his/her rig is...

Incompetence & stupidity to the highest levels...

Anyone in the NY area knows the restrictions on L.I. parkways. And they're clearly marked. The overpasses are low, so only cars are permitted.

I don't know why trucks and buses don't have stickers with their unloaded height on them it sure would save from having these accidents .

Uh, I guess it's time to ban school buses huh?

If-you-hit-this-sign-you-will-hit-that-bridge.jpg

Signs are useless. only if there looked at will they be helpful!

If there was an app that tells drivers ahead of time! It's the only way to save lives!!!!! Let the cell phone help !

Or ban stupid people from driving this would also fix these issues

The driver was using a personal GPS in his cell phone not a commercial one that would have routed him away from the parkway, that bridge was only 7'- 7".
The southern state parkway was originally designed to allow access to the many state parks and Beaches that are on the south shore of Long Island N.Y. It was never designed for large vehicles (trucks, buses..)Also the the parkway is very winedee, curvy, hilly in some areas and was not designed for cars to be traveling at the speeds they do today,

new over height detection systems are being installed on the parkway entrance ramps at a cost of 4.8 million dollars
vehicleisoverheight.jpg
th?id=OIP.L8iefs99YjVX2bqNU0CilgHaEL&pid=15.jpg

What's the chances you were not far behind,wow!! Here on Long Island we drive on Parkways and park in driveways:realcrazy:

Auto Transport Service
Back