• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Diesel just hit $4.00 a gallon here in NY.

SUPERSTOCKRACER

Local time
1:50 AM
Reaction score
Just saw a few gas stations here in NY with $4.00 diesel.
Here we go again.
This time it's really gonna cripple us. You thought it was bad a few years ago. We are at $4.00 now and it's only February.
Wonder what the price will be for Memorial day at the 4th of July.

Race tracks are gonna be dead this year if this continues.It was bad last year.:eusa_boohoo:

Yep, I was discussing this with my race friends the other day. Figured I would only be able to go to the track 6 times this year. Went 10 last year and at least 20 the year before. All due to the fuel prices.

THIS SUCKS.

I paid $3.44 on Monday here - and I though that was bad enough. Makes me sick. I was looking back in my records for something yesterday and saw when I was paying $1.30 and even less. Didn't know then that those were the good old days.:angry4:

Here we go again.
This time it's really gonna cripple us. You thought it was bad a few years ago. We are at $4.00 now and it's only February.

Race tracks are gonna be dead this year if this continues.It was bad last year.:eusa_boohoo:
"highest taxes in the USA", you must be in Pa also.. And im afraid your right, there talking about 5.00 now, by spring time, at the rate its going 5 may not be the norm, and I certainly hope im wrong, or should say they are.

"highest taxes in the USA", you must be in Pa also.. And im afraid your right, there talking about 5.00 now, by spring time, at the rate its going 5 may not be the norm, and I certainly hope im wrong, or should say they are.

I paid $4.70 for diesel going out to the Hemi Reunion a few years back. It cost me over $850.00 round trip towing my trailer with my duramax pickup. I'll park my junk this year if this keeps up.
Screw these Arab sausage suckers!

its all a bunch of crap. oil is only up like .50 a barrel last i heard. And deisel is supposed to be a by-product of making gas. It would have been alot higher last year but bp was afraid to raise prices during the spill.. guess we forgot

The price of fuel is going to reach 5 bucks a gallon by the end of summer.I guess BP has alot to make up...Of course on our behalf!!!!
Petty Blue 67 GTX:violent-smiley-097::violent-smiley-097::violent-smiley-097:

Here we go again.

we are at $3.40 a gallon now. with the price of diesel going up i'm not going to far from home to any race. I was going to go out to mopars at the strip and run in the Q-16. that's out, no way i'm going that far. Hows the car coming along? wes

The price of fuel is going to reach 5 bucks a gallon by the end of summer.I guess BP has alot to make up...Of course on our behalf!!!!
Petty Blue 67 GTX:violent-smiley-097::violent-smiley-097::violent-smiley-097:

Here in NY & NJ if these prices continue to climb, people just park there cars and use mass transit or just stay home.
Consumption will just slow down like last time.
The other problem is its cold this year and heating oil demand is greater than years past which is going to have a impact on the price of the barrel of oil.
Glad I have propane to heat my home.

I paid $4.70 for diesel going out to the Hemi Reunion a few years back. It cost me over $850.00 round trip towing my trailer with my duramax pickup. I'll park my junk this year if this keeps up.
Screw these Arab sausage suckers!

What are ya going to do, its pay me or stay home. Seems like the ones who need a little help ends up paying for those who do not. I believe they get a kick out of it, I don't know what prices will be but im not going to be surprised at it, the old days remind me of the odd even days you could get gas, back then most didn't believe it could happen but history and my memory says it can..

I'm here just to remind everyone that we dont love and drive these cars for their fuel mileage. Although I have to agree that the government has done a piss poor job of regulating the taxes and deficit in this country that does in fact make it harder for us to ENJOY our rides the way they should be enjoyed.

In Germany you have to pay 6,71$ for a gallon of diesel. That is crazy i think!!!

I'm here just to remind everyone that we dont love and drive these cars for their fuel mileage. Although I have to agree that the government has done a piss poor job of regulating the taxes and deficit in this country that does in fact make it harder for us to ENJOY our rides the way they should be enjoyed.

You are right and i know i will drive mine, i imagine everyone will. That being said it still ticks me off with just what you said (agreeing here) the POOR way things are done or NOT done. Im not going to worry about gas consumption when I want in my ride for the day, but again your right, we don't have these cars to look at, they do make scale 1/24 models.... well put. Ron

You can thank the bleeding heart liberals & eco-nazis for this crap, lets keep bailing out the oil companies. Tax the crap out oil & fuel here & keep the Saudis rolling in cash, Opec's oil barrons pricing will kill our economy, I think thats the libs plan from the start, to destabillize our economy. They are trying to turn us into Europe.

Plus 1 on the "bailing out the oil companies" BUDNICKS... Out there where your at, it surprises me a bunch of ya havent started a revolution, Here in Pa. its bad but Cal. thats a mess, How you build high HP engines, and what I imagine you have to have for exhaust reg's must be a nightmare.

just went up another 4 cents this past week. they are saying $5.00 by memorial day.

well chris it doesn't look good. on my way to work yesterday diesel is now up to $3.79 a gallon. that's the highest it's been here in iowa. it's keeps jumping like this the race will stay in the trailer all year. i paid $525. for a drum of 118 last week. later wes

Auto Transport Service
Back