• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do You Like Stickers on Your Quarter Panel?

Dibbons

Local time
11:18 AM
Reaction score
This vehicle is all over the place (i.e. trunk mounted battery is on the driver's side).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Plymo...295045?hash=item264ae53ec5:g:ATIAAOSw9EpfbVyR

stickers.jpeg

Back in the day I bought a sheet or two of magnetic paper and put my decals on them. Cut them to fit the sticker and stuck them on my car. Instant "race car". So yes, if they can be removed, I don't have a problem with them.

I still have them in a drawer in my tool box.

NO. Only if there was contingency money available at a race.

I had some on the quarter windows in the day, but never anything on the body unless it was part of the car. Never ran any kind of bumper stickers either. The last sticker I put on a car was in the lower corner of the rear glass on my 09 Challenger SRT8.
20191011_112455.jpg

Part of the car and they have part numbers.

Back in the '70's I had some bumper stickers on my '65 Valiant : "Drag Racing World's Second Most Exciting Sport" and "Enjoy Life, Eat Out More Often" (which was something I saw on a restaurant wholesale delivery truck-S.E. Rycoff I believe.) I was working at a buffet restaurant back then called "Perry Boy's Smorgy". I think the bumper stickers had a double connotation in young minds. (see panel above bumper in photo)

65 Valiant3.jpeg

Those are good for at least 2 tenths

I didn't do stickers until Trump announced his run for President. Now I have Trump stickers on the back glass of my Lincoln and My Cherokee, and two on the tailgate of my Ford Ranger daily beater. (Nothing on the older Mopars....)

With todays vinyl stickers, they are easily applied and easily removed. I would buy that Road Runner if the price was right, but I don't do EBay auctions.

Strange, not one engine pic of a "race car".

No, and I don't place stuffed animal toys or dolls in the back.:eek:
Screenshot_20201024-083558~2.png

I had one of these stickers on the driver's side rear window of my '71 Satellite back in the '70s. :)

s-l400.jpg

Last edited:
I prefer not to have stickers on the side of the car. Back in the 70s I had my rear side windows covered with stickers. I hoped it made the car look meaner (faster). To each their own.

I would do it on a track car if I received sponsorship money and parts.

I have one you rarely see. Look closely

20150716_192752.jpg

The AD is unusual. If it actually is an old race car, it looks like it could possibly have been an NHRA Pure Stock Eliminator car. But those should not have required a full cage....

I only have one Comp Cams sticker on the fender to scare off the competition, otherwise they will have to feel the wrath of my bone stock (sans the Comp Cams timing chain), high mileage, Stromberg fed LA318.

041469_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=qSjxJBgflRQAX8VoiSu&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

Last edited:
sure for something like this
or an original Superbird that had them "factory equipped"

Budnicks 23 T Ford Altered Crower Inj. #2.JPG

The entire front of this car is covered with a sticker......

Of course it’s clear....

941A3FC9-9B6A-4A32-B08D-F7D73CFAE755.jpeg

Nope. I dont like stickers, graphics or badges of any kind; I make an exception for stock graphics but even then I can find them annoying. For example, the quarter panel graphics that some of the E bodys have are so garish I think it ruins the whole car. We all have that fantasy that we travel back in time and walk into a dealership in the 60's and order our dream muscle machine with 21st century money. We'll I would've ordered a 68 Charger R/T with a stripe delete, or at least told the dealer to take it off...

Auto Transport Service
Back