• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

does a gtx roadrunner exist?

joshb1983

Local time
5:39 PM
Reaction score
http://memphis.craigslist.org/cto/3204971316.html seen this online and wondered why they would put both badges and decals from RR and gtx on same car...they never made a gtx roadrunner did they? iv never seen or heard of one...the add says its a gtx roadrunner

Attachments

• 73 rr.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 351
yep, they sure did. '73, '74?

RR was the model, GTX was just a dress up package IIRC

yep, they sure did. '73, '74?

RR was the model, GTX was just a dress up package IIRC

never new that..i was looking a gtx images and came across this and the dodge gtx...i never new either existed ..found 2 more cool mopars today

As the Dodge Charger/Superbee platform in 1971.
Before 1971 the Superbee was a "Coronet"
During 1971 the Superbee was a Charger "based" car.
I think it was due to downsizing/consolodation?

that interesting i never new that...its good to know this kinda stuff..might run across one for sale one day

gtx was plymouth only. dodge gtx probably a typo....

1972 also. If you ordered a Road Runner and ordered a 440 engine it was a Road Runner GTX. I have seen a couple of them over the years.

My '72 RR is also a GTX but it still needs lots of work or possibly a new owner.

My dad back in the day had a 72 RR/GTX with a police package. It had the tear drop and the whole nine yards including a higher compressioned 440. He sold it in '80 and unfortunately it was ceremoniously wrapped around a tree. Most people do not believe there was such a thing as a police version. I wish I had a good picture to prove it. It was butterscotch yellow with a tan vinyl top.

71 Charger R/T Super Bee

that interesting i never new that...its good to know this kinda stuff..might run across one for sale one day

71 Charger R/T, Super Bee Advert.'s

Attachments

• 71 Charger RT Scat Pack club advert. #1.jpg
    71 Charger RT Scat Pack club advert. #1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 263
  • 71 Super Bee Charger RT Advert. #1.jpg
    71 Super Bee Charger RT Advert. #1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 261
My great uncle has a Road Runner Gtx he bought brand new. Gunmetal gray with black interior, buckets with auto on the column. 440 in it. The ramp on the delivery truck fell on it and banged up the front fender while he was watching at the dealership. Still has the dent to this day.

gtx was plymouth only. dodge gtx probably a typo....

thats what i thought also but they made a dodge gtx also in the 70s...i made another post about it...it looks like they were for over seas or mexico

That was the Latin American Market only I think...

thats what i thought also but they made a dodge gtx also in the 70s...i made another post about it...it looks like they were for over seas or mexico

I can not read that Ad from Argentina but it says 318 engine. It has no side marker lights and kinda looks like a ford to me.I don't think I want one of those.

The stopped making 2-dr Coronets after 1970. The Charger was the only 2-dr B-body Dodge starting in '71. I guess the factory didn't want to do a high performance 4-dr.

Wow! learn something new everyday!!! i guess Dodge did make a GTX...well, in Argentina anyways!!! it's a GTXnet!! lol

i really like the red one!! looks bad-***

bottom of the ad says "Chrysler Argentine Fever" btw....

The Aussie Chrysler Dodge Plymouth cars are different too, Chargers look allot like Darts & Barracuda mix kid of, GTX looks complete different too...

Auto Transport Service
Back