• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does this motor home has a 440 in it?

coronet68mx

Local time
6:10 PM
Reaction score
Already talk to the owner and I explained to him that the only valuable asset from that pos is the engine and transmission and if it has the motor that am looking for ill buy the motor another question would be if it has the 440 how much is a fair price for both, thanks in advance

20240417_120920.jpg

Last edited:

Uhhh....​

Does this motor homo has a 440 on it?​

That looks like a Dodge. FORDS are the ones that seem to lean that way.

The pictures don't come up.
Just look for the location of the oil filter. Up front below the power steering pump? That is a Big Block and could be a 383, 400 or 440.

Most are 318 and 360.. but the odd one has a 440 in it. I was looking for one to make into a hauler and noticed about one in twenty had a 440 in it. Open the damn hood...

Only way to know is to have a look inside...it might.
I've gotten two 440s out of van-cabs just like that one.

Most are 318 and 360.. but the odd one has a 440 in it. I was looking for one to make into a hauler and noticed about one in twenty had a 440 in it. Open the damn hood...
My great Uncle had one here in the '70's....318 powered. It was a cool van.

Around the same time he also had a 1970(I think) A108 Camper van .... people used to come up to it looking for an ice-cream.

Some years later it ended up in a small village where my buddy Cliff was growing up. He remembered it well, and the place he served his apprenticeship serviced it at the time. They even had a NOS pair of headlight surrounds hanging on the wall for it - must have been ordered in and not paid for. Cliff doesn't know what happened to the surrounds, but the van has long since dropped off the radar.

Open the damn hood... :rofl:

distributer up front left & engine ID pad on the front right
1978 or earlier, it "may" or "could" be a 440,
they have a 26" radiator & trans-cooler upfront too
(440's were more for the 'Class A' Motorhomes, but were installed in some 'Class C' too)
but;
in the Latin market I doubt it is a 440...
Maybe unless it was from up north to begin with

A distributor in back, an LA series small block
more than likely a 318 or 360 'maybe'

good luck

Si guey, abre el hood!
Ya se, apenas hable con el dueño y la porquería esa esta abandonada al lado del camino, ni sabe que motor tiene y quiere 4k por eso le dije que no qué le doy menos mucho menos y si y solo si tiene el 440 la cada rodante estaba cerrada y me van a prestar las llaves para abrir el cofre y ver que tiene adentro.

Auto Transport Service
Back