• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does this motor home has a 440 in it?

Open the damn hood... :rofl:

distributer up front left & engine ID pad on the front right
1978 or earlier, it "may" or "could" be a 440,
they have a 26" radiator & trans-cooler upfront too
(440's were more for the 'Class A' Motorhomes, but were installed in some 'Class C' too)
but;
in the Latin market I doubt it is a 440...
Maybe unless it was from up north to begin with

A distributor in back, an LA series small block
more than likely a 318 or 360 'maybe'

good luck
I KNOW!!! I need to open the Damm hood :) this pos was never sold in a Latin markets, just talk to the owner and let him know i need to open the hood and see what's inside, he's ok with that, next week I'll do that since the owner is not nearby , thanks for the info.

I had a class C like that and it had a 400 in it. Pulled a 20 ft car trailer behind it well.

I parted out two like this one 10+ years ago. Both had 360 2 barrel engines.

Ya se, apenas hable con el dueño y la porquería esa esta abandonada al lado del camino, ni sabe que motor tiene y quiere 4k por eso le dije que no qué le doy menos mucho menos y si y solo si tiene el 440 la cada rodante estaba cerrada y me van a prestar las llaves para abrir el cofre y ver que tiene adentro.
Can u say that in onglais?

Ya se, apenas hable con el dueño y la porquería esa esta abandonada al lado del camino, ni sabe que motor tiene y quiere 4k por eso le dije que no qué le doy menos mucho menos y si y solo si tiene el 440 la cada rodante estaba cerrada y me van a prestar las llaves para abrir el cofre y ver que tiene adentro.
1713399367847.png

:lol:

I have parted out 2 class C motorhomes like this one both with 440's, and a class A motorhome also with a 440.

@oldkimmer , @kiwigtx
I know, I barely spoke to the owner and the pos is abandoned on the side of the road, he doesn't even know what engine is in it and he wants 4k, that's why I told him no, I'll give you less, much less and if and only if has the 440, the van was locked and they are going to lend me the keys to open the hood and see what's inside.
Servidos amigos míos
There you go my friends
Si esta bien verdad cabron? :lol: @MarPar

@oldkimmer , @kiwigtx
I know, I barely spoke to the owner and the pos is abandoned on the side of the road, he doesn't even know what engine is in it and he wants 4k, that's why I told him no, I'll give you less, much less and if and only if has the 440, the van was locked and they are going to lend me the keys to open the hood and see what's inside.
Servidos amigos míos
There you go my friends
Could be very cheap if it's abandonned....good luck - I hope it turns out to be a 440 for you. :thumbsup:

Podría ser muy barato si se abandona.... buena suerte, espero que resulte ser un 440 para ti. :thumbsup:

@oldkimmer , @kiwigtx
Servidos amigos míos
There you go my friends
For that kind of money I don’t think it’s even worth having a second look at it. Kim

For that kind of money I don’t think it’s even worth having a second look at it. Kim
Already told the owner that, he thought that is a fair price, told him no, no way worth that, maybe 800 for the engine and transmission the motor home is beyond repair, he seems to understand,I felt he already have troubles with the municipality because of this.

That difficult part is getting rid of the rest of the motor home these days once you remove the engine and trans. Most junk/salvage yards will not take them any longer.

Last edited:
Could be very cheap if it's abandonned....good luck - I hope it turns out to be a 440 for you. :thumbsup:

Podría ser muy barato si se abandona.... buena suerte, espero que resulte ser un 440 para ti. :thumbsup:
There you go Roger :thumbsup: is not so hard to use Google translator right :lol:I hope that too.

I've cut up a few cars and trucks here at my place. The Motorhomes were not fun but not the worst.

Nov 2013 292.JPG

Nov 2013 286.JPG

Nov 2013 288.JPG

Nov 2013 291.JPG

There is a fair amount of stuff to cut away that has NO recycle value...Plywood, fiberglass, plastic and plywood.
I got the 360s from these. One had the standard 727, the other had that BS bolt on yoke on the output end. Dana 70s in both.

@oldkimmer , @kiwigtx
Servidos amigos míos
There you go my friends
Si guey. Me parece bien:lol:

There is a fair amount of stuff to cut away that has NO recycle value...Plywood, fiberglass, plastic and plywood.
I got the 360s from these. One had the standard 727, the other had that BS bolt on yoke on the output end. Dana 70s in both.
And plywood....hahaa. They have shitloads of it huh!

My 440 came from a Winnebago, a 1976 if I recall correctly. There’s lots of them abandoned on farms up here. My buddy got the whole motor home for free and passed it on to me. He owns heavy equipment so we flipped the motor home on its side and I unbolted the engine. We used a backhoe to lift the engine away, then flipped the unit back upright. He scraped away the body with the backhoe so that he could make a trailer with the frame, then dug a hole and buried all the debris. It took about two hours from start to finish and at the end it was like the motor home was never there.
I took the engine to the block shop and had it built. They put in a stroker kit for 511 or 512 cubic inches. Aluminum heads, roller hydraulic cam, Street Dominator intake and a Sniper EFI and ignition. Doug’s big headers. It makes 535 horsepower and 580 torque on the dyno on pump gas.
It should move my four speed wannabee just fine.

Last edited:
Forty years ago the guys I was working for did the car show flea markets full time, straight trucks, tractor trailers and ..... Box trucks. One time we got a box truck from Jartran. I pulled it onto the onramp for the interstate. BAWAAAAHHHHH!!!! up the ramp. What the? When got back to the warehouse and popped the hood. 440! Story was the Chrysler had all these Motor Home chassis and the MH market had gone into the dumpster. Jartran made a deal and had them built as box trucks. Problem for Chrysler was that a couple of years later or so, Jartran subsequently went into the dumpster and stuck it to Chrysler!

Auto Transport Service
Back