• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door Panel Weathersheild

blownalcoholhemihead

Local time
4:19 AM
Reaction score
Is their anyone who makes a kit for the plastic that goes between the door panel and door? I was going to make my own using polyethelene plastic. Figured I'd ask before I got into it. I'm wondering what the thin bead of putty they used to stick it on is called.

Your local home improvement store has the plastic and you can usesome of that window stuff for setting windshields or something more permanent, rtv.

The 'rope seal' is referred to as 'dum-dum' by body shop guys. I got a box of it from our local NAPA store a couple months ago...only it was Black instead of the Grayish-Green the original stuff was. it comes in a box in segments about 12"s long.

Side note: for those with 'dealer installed' A/C lines coming through 'chopped ' through the firewall...this is the same stuff used back in the day to seal around the hoses. Just work multiple strips together to create a ball of puddy that can be formed to seal around the two hoses.

Hope this helps!

Auto Transport Service
Back