• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door panels and weatherstrips

Dave145

Local time
10:57 PM
Reaction score
Howdy everyone.

I'm looking for a driver's door panel for my '64 Polara. It doesn't have to be perfect, but I'd like it to be serviceable. The one that came in my car is absolutely destroyed and can't be saved. My car is a 4 door hardtop, which makes getting any parts for it nearly impossible.

My interior code is H4B meaning I have a blue vinyl interior. I'll attach a picture of my passenger front door panel to show the style I need. I'm willing to pay for shipping if you live too far away for me to come get it. I searched the buy/sell/trade area last night on here and couldn't find anyone publicly parting out any '64 polaras, so if anyone that reads this has a good panel please let me know! I'm willing to entertain a complete set of they're all in really good shape.

The other thing I need, is wetberstrip. I need the roofrails, door center post rubber seals, vent window seals, and window felts. So far I have been able to source the vent window seals and possibly the window felts.

I have checked with all the major Mopar part suppliers (year one. Classic industries, moparts, Dante's, Steele rubber products and a couple other weatherstrip only places), and nobody has jack squat for this thing. Seems everybody has 2 door roof rails, and I've seen listings from a few years back for the 4 door hardtops, but it seems nobody has any anymore. Does anybody have any other leads or places to look? I'm about at my wit's end here!

Thanks!

KIMG0101.JPG

Those panels look good. Is it just the cardboard backing? It is easily replaceable. Try Kramer for parts.
Doug

I'll look them up and see. That's the passenger door panel which is the best of the four. The rear ones are pretty decent and should be good enough. The driver's side one however is a different story. The vinyl is torn and stretched and missing a couple small chunks and the backing is moldy cardboard. If the vinyl was good I would just replace the backing and be done with it, but the vinyl cover is junk from years of being left exposed to the elements

Joe suchy has all the weather strip available. It's the same as a two door post. He probably has most of what you need.

I just sent him an email regarding the weatherstrip so hopefully he still has it all in stock!

Update: I was able to find all the weatherstripping I need from Joe suchy thankfully.

I'm still in search of at least a driver's front door panel though. Willing to look at any light blue door panels though if you have a complete set that's in serviceable shape!

Bump. Still need a light blue polara front drivers door panel. Willing to consider panels off a 330 or 440 or a Plymouth as well if they're light blue and in workable condition.

Auto Transport Service
Back