• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door seals for 77 Cordoba

ArtH

Local time
5:41 PM
Reaction score
I just bought a set of door seals to replace the old hard cracked ones. Should I use any type of adhesive to install the new ones or do they just press in?

The last set that I bought had sealer inside the groove that attaches to the pinch weld. Didn't know it was in there till I removed it to trim excess. Mine came from Rock Auto

Attachments

• IMG_1994.jpg
    IMG_1994.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 184
The last set that I bought had sealer inside the groove that attaches to the pinch weld. Didn't know it was in there till I removed it to trim excess. Mine came from Rock Auto

My 77 Cordoba door seals are glue on and have clips for attachment under the door. What pinch weld are you referring to? Any pictures of final install? Thx

I looked at my 79 and now I see that they are different. The photo is from a earlier "B" seal that presses on to the pinch weld.Same as my 88 Dodge pickup.My bad...didn't know there was a change on the later "B".

The door seals arrived and they are just like the ones on the car (OEM). They are made by Metro and cost $100 for both doors. I found them on eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400724605981?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I looked over the ones on the car and they use small clips spaced about every 4 inches that snap into holes in the side and bottom of the door. The only exception is on the ends, they use black barbed type pins that are pushed into the predrilled holes in the door at both ends of the seal. It appears to be a pretty straight forward job. I haven't mounted them yet because I plan on replacing the window sweeps/felt as well. The manufacturer recommends using 3M black adhesive # 08008 I bought some at the parts store. I did door the roof rail seals today and they made a world of difference. The original ones were cracked and hard as a rock. They were not glued in any way to the body of the car. Only the ends had some barbed push in type connectors. However I did use some of the 3M product on them to make sure. After removing the old push in pins (I reused them) the entire piece was easy to pull off the car in one piece. It is pushed into a channel that runs up the door strike area and down the windshield pillar. Very easy to put in. I test drove it and there was a noticeable reduction in wind noise. I highly recommend it as it looks good and works.

DSCN1626.jpgOld badly cracked and brittle sealsDSCN1627.jpgDSCN1628.jpgDSCN1629.jpgDSCN1630.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back