• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drum to Disc with 14 Inch wheels 1971 RR

10.5" OEM parts also work with 14s.

Wilwood, SSBC, and Right Stuff all have 14" compatible conversions available through us, the SSBC stuff uses the Kelsey Hayes calipers, Wilwood uses their own, and Right Stuff uses GM metric calipers.

Right Stuff is "cheaper" compared to the other 2

My '72 Satellite Sebring Plus has (power) factory disc brakes and factory 14 inch wheels.

Last edited:
72 is "the grail" of donor cars as you can use every part and have exact factory geometry.

10" disks work with 14" wheels 11" requires 15's.

The 11's started appearing on 1975 B body cars. A body still used 10" and had the same spindle, F/M/J cars still used 10's but had the 1973 and up B body spindle design.

Bigblockdart.com has an excellent article on OEM/JY disk swap and debunks the "bump steer" issues in the popular "disc-o-tech" article.

You can easily get all the parts to do an F/M/J swap minus the MC at a U-Pull for under $100.
Most Of the ones I've bought or seen don't even need new rotors or calipers.

The biggest issues I've seen people have with JY swaps is 1- matching the rear wheel cylinder bore size to the caliper bore size to get the proper proportioning, and 2- matching the MC bore size to get the proper pedal feel. Remember most if not all F/M/J cars (and lots of post 1972 cars) are POWER disk, and you need to keep that in mind if putting manual disk on your car with those parts.

...and if you use the "slider" calipers (F/M/J again) you can get ceramic pads.

Auto Transport Service
Back