• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dynamat, HushMat, FatMat..... ever tried this stuff?

I too hate kids. I used the knock off stuff from the hardware store. Huge difference inside. Between the overdrive lowering the revs and the heat and noise suppression, it makes trips more comfortable. Easy to talk to each other. A friend used some aircraft type stuff and included the roof. It's like a modern quiet car inside his 'Cuda now. Just do it. Future generations can pound sand.

I went with the Rattletrap......Paid around $150 off fleabay. Did the floors, doors, quarters. Used about 90 Square feet.

a1-11.jpg

yo gregc.....yes dynamat is expensive.....i just did the Javelin 4 days ago and heres what i did saved TONNNNN of money.

go to lowes...they have this silver stuff in a roll in the insulation section. i got the 16" x 25' roll. get some clear silicone and use that as adhesive ( it sticks great and comes off easily if need be). i did the whole floor of the Jav in an hour...cutting to fit of course.

that silvery stuff at lowes is kinda like bubble wrap with silver backing on both sides i paid $14.00......same stuff they sell on EBAGG they are selling for sound insulation for cars at $89.00. i put the carpet in and i was done....total cost was 3 tubes of clear silicone 21.00...and the insulation at 14.00

That one roll did the whole car? Pics?

yup...one roll did just the floor from tranny tunnel to just under the back seat. i didnt take pix...i know i probably should have.

Ht413 The asphalt stuff may melt. I checked on that with a bunch of interior guys here in Texas and they love the stuff. But that is why I went with the rubber backing because it can easily get over 200 egrees here in Tx and it don't melt.
I would and did pay for the better stuff, Not gutter flashing from the hardware store. I'm doing a complete new interior and dont want to pay for or do it twice.

Auto Transport Service
Back