• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dynamat or ?

dspur

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:54 PM
Reaction score
Recommendations on best floor insulation / sound deadener etc. Dynamat is expensive, other "equal to" alternatives out there?

Fatmat.com
I use rattle trap version,, its the .080 thickness style.
Sure cuts down on the noise AND some cabin heat .

Im in southern AZ, And everything helps

20230512_110825.jpg

20230512_110828.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen people cover every inch of their interior with this stuff, I even did it myself.
THEN I've read that it isn't necessary to cover everything. The point of this stuff is to add density to absorb or deflect noise. The steel panels can vibrate and create a harmonic situation where what could just be a momentary thump instead makes a bang bang bang bang bang sound.
The asphalt mats absorb the vibrations.
I used Rattle Trap in my red car.

I used Second Skin Audio Damplifier 40 sq ft box on my floor before I replaced the carpet. 200 bucks from Amazon. I'm sure the others are great as well, but it literally feels like I'm in more of a capsule vs riding in a big piece of metal.

I’ve used Noico.

It’s likely all the same **** and most of it made in Russia which is a big negative given what they’re doing right now……

Peel N Seal
I used to use it when I did car audio. It's cheaper than the others. Installs best when it's warm.

I've used the 80 mil Kilmat and 4 mm Siless closed cell foam insulation from Amazon in a couple of my cars with good results.

I just ran foil backed insulation on the floor pans following the exhaust route.
Then the jute pad and carpet.
Oem mat in the trunk.
Car is loud, I wear hearing aids , it gets to noisey I just bump the hearing aids down a couple notchs. :drinks:

Another vote for FatMat. I have used it in 2 vehicles with great results…

FatMat for noise and foil-backed recycled denim insulation by Bonded Logic for heat barrier.

1710806741756.png

Auto Transport Service
Back