• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dynomax...just askin'

miller

Local time
7:45 PM
Reaction score
On their mufflers, if anyone has experienced, or heard of any issues with them?

Reason I ask is, a few days ago I was checking into one of the local muffler shops. Talked about the whole exhaust system...then to mufflers. Asked if he carried Dynomax (no), and got to telling me there was an issue on them, the guts coming apart inside the can. Seems at least a handful had to be replaced.
Heck, he even had a almost new set, with some kind of problem, but Dynomax would not take them back...until they DID come un-glued.

Been running dynomax ultra flows for three seasons without issue.

i've used several sets of dynomax mufflers. worst problem i've had is a set rotting out after 10yrs use. i think any type of muffler with some kind of baffling would be subject a baffle breaking loose. i think the ultra-flows don't have baffles.

Never had any issues with their products.

Sounds to me like the guy was just trying to sell you the type of muffler HE DID carry.

Yeah, Dynomax here too and no issues.
I have been running nothing but Dynomax on both my Hemi, and 440 cars for years with No issues. Also prefer their tone , and performance.

I've a them on my Dakota since 2002. They were on there when I bought it.

The muffler of choice in the TTI kits.Same as above been using them on all projects for almost 20 years.Good sound and performance.

have em on my GTX (10+ years) and on my Newport (God knows how long, but i would say at least 10 years) no issues whatsoever.

DynoMax Superturbos. Probably 20 years, no problems.

I also have Dynomax Super Turbos on my R/T for the last six years without any problems. I am considering changing them out for their Ultra Flows in the spring.

Asked if he carried Dynomax (no), and got to telling me there was an issue on them, the guts coming apart inside the can. Seems at least a handful had to be replaced.

Only issue I've heard of with the Dynomax's is with the VT line -- the little flapper valve rattling...

My Dynomax Super Turbo's were installed in 1999 and never a problem. They still sound great!

Super turbos about 25 years, no probs and still look good too.

The Ultra flows are a straight, perforated pipe through the case. No baffles and they sound great.

I have Ultra flows on my 62 poly motor. I originally went with a Jegs brand because they came with their exhaust kit. However, one blew up on startup one day. Had a guy the next street over said it rattled his windows. I thought I died. I don't trust cheap baffled mufflers anymore. Sounded like a bomb lol.
20160124_144216.jpg

I'll find out soon enough. tti set came in couple days ago. I'll bother opening the box, once a little warmer air hits here.
Think I'll add a wow on your muffler there, threewood!

I run Dyno Max 17221s on both of my cars, wouldn't use anything else.

IMG_2187.JPG
IMG_3240.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back