• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Easy motor moving

RiverRaider

Local time
3:15 PM
Reaction score
I built this last winter out of 2" x 2" sq. tubing, casters from Menards and a 1000 lbs. 110V winch I got for $12 at a swap meet. Its 4' X 2' with telescoping legs currently at the tallest position. It worked better than I would have guessed. I added a hold chain to take stress off the winch. Loaded a 383 and a 440 for the swap meet tomorrow in less than ten minutes this morning. With a three foot run the 383 and 440 went right up the ramp.

ramp - Copy.jpg

motorbuddy.jpg

20230812_084521 - Copy.jpg

That would be convenient for me, as I have a car without an engine in one garage and a couple engines in the other garage and gravel between.

Do you think one of those 12v winches made for a 4 wheeler would work, and a lawn mower battery. That would make it completely portable.

Very possibly. I am certain that I am not the only Mopar guy who needs to transport engines over rough ground between garages. Might be a good option for someone who is younger, more technically attuned, and has financial backing to develop a product...

Auto Transport Service
Back