• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Motors Advanced Search Removed?

Michael_

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:22 PM
Reaction score
It's been a couple months since i last looked at cars for sale.
Just for giggles i wanted to look whats up for sale in and around las vegas so i was going to ebay.com advanced search but to my surprise there is no "ebay motors" tab anymore?

Am i missing something or did they remove the advanced search features for ebay motors/car classifieds?
I'm not looking to search nation wide.

A couple of years ago they changed a LOT with narrowing search results....for the worse.

It's a PITA now to find year range specific parts, size range specific parts and location range specific items.

THANKS, ebay!

Last edited:
It's been a couple months since i last looked at cars for sale.
Just for giggles i wanted to look whats up for sale in and around las vegas so i was going to ebay.com advanced search but to my surprise there is no "ebay motors" tab anymore?

Am i missing something or did they remove the advanced search features for ebay motors/car classifieds?
I'm not looking to search nation wide.
In Canada it's still called eBay Motors. In the US it is eBay Auto Parts and Vehicles. eBay Motors: Auto Parts and Vehicles | eBay

You ask for something on your car, and you not only get other makes, for the same car, but toys as well. I've emailed them on the waist of time they gave me searching for things. I once enjoyed the function where it posted classic cars, not parts but the whole car. Not no more.

Sometimes you wonder how much they pay these computer dudes that "enhance" sites. Pretty much usually take something good and easy and make it unusable.

I have reported multiple sellers for spamming parts for GMC, Ford, Buick etc… E-bay did nothing they STILL FILL the searches on parts for my cars!!! Glad I left there YEARS AGO!

You ask for something on your car, and you not only get other makes, for the same car, but toys as well. I've emailed them on the waist of time they gave me searching for things. I once enjoyed the function where it posted classic cars, not parts but the whole car. Not no more.
I agree, that is an Ebay failure in allowing listings to snare as many clicks as possible rather than police listings to be even somewhat specific.
I personally can't see how it can survive much longer, not even considering the exorbitant fees.
And customer service is draconian.
Please, put a nail in them. I will celebrate.

- fits

removes a lot of crap (like antenna toppers) but you still can't search for year range parts like you used to.

I'm convinced that the motto of that entire industry must be
"it isn't broke, lemme fix it"
I believe you are overly altruistic in that assessment, as funny as it is. I believe there is some financial gain to be had by their unrelenting unhelpful tweaks, that are not always obvious nor disclosed to us as their real purpose and are hid under the banner of improvement for the customer BS.
In the corporate world, by definition, it eventually becomes it's always about squeezing the customer until they leave. Some just ramp up that faster than others, but all are seeking the same goal. Period.
And why so many have left and will leave.

So is there a site left that is the best?

when you do a eBay Search, Pre owned alway comes first.

1708198936596.png

Auto Transport Service
Back