• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay/SEMA vote mistakes./Rant

74sundance

Local time
1:12 AM
Reaction score
Aside from the fact that I'm kinda miffed that I live in Canada and can't actually even vote for a chance to go to SEMA or win a few G's. I don't get why Ebay didn't offer this to everyone with an active Ebay motors account. Why do they shun the rest of their supporters?......Did any one else catch any mistakes in the voting process? ie...... "Vin Diesel's Pontiac GTO in Fast and the Furious" ....Vin Diesel never drove a GTO in any Fast and the Furious movie at all, he did however drive one in the Triple X movie. At this point in the poll I actually thought this was a scam or joke of some kind so I looked for the rules/contact info to see what was up.Come to find out it's the real deal.That's when I realized I just wasted my time voting,it would have been nice if they had posted that the contest is only available to U.S.A residents on the main page in big letters instead of me spending my time on their poll for nothing......Sorry but this just got under my skin.

Read the rules before you vote here:

http://pages.motors.ebay.com/vote/officialrules.html

And then if your lucky enough vote here:

http://garage.motors.ebay.com/voteresult

It's because you denied the ebay exec. at the boarder lol all he wanted to do was come up there to work for a few years then go home what's wrong with that? lmao

I voted a couple of times...The easiest section was the tuner questions..I just answered other and punched in I hate tuner cars!!!Sorry about that our neighbors can not vote thats a bunch of crap!!!!
Petty blue 67 gTx

I got to vote on all that crap.. What a joke!!!!
You have to be U.S regestered on Ebay HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
I live in Canada and have a dual Ebay buyership LOL!

Glad I'm not the only one that feels that this is just a ploy for advertisement.What a crock! Thank's for the support guy's :)

It's because you denied the ebay exec. at the boarder lol all he wanted to do was come up there to work for a few years then go home what's wrong with that? lmao

Funny, that's exactly why most of my town is now out of work.They all packed up and left us all hanging.Here's a kicker for ya, while we were getting $20.00 /hr plus benefits and bonuses here in Canada all our sister plants were getting .5 cents above U.S.A min wage for exactly the same jobs....Here's another one for ya, our manager was getting $100 000.00 plus a year and ran us for 14 plus years...we never once took a loss, then when he asked for a raise they gave him the boot and brought in a guy from the U.S.A gave him $300 000.00 a year flew his family back and forth every 3 weeks until there $600 000.00 house was ready that the company paid for they then paid to move the family up here.After the first of 3 years it was clear that we were being run into the ground after being a very successful company for over 40 years.When I asked why we were closing in our meeting our American boss said it's just cheaper to pay some dumb redneck to do it (True story).The really funny thing is some how during the closing some how a bunch of our pay stubs accidently got sent to all the under paid plants in the U.S.A....lol opps ;) Hope that teaches that pompous *** a lesson ,I'm sure he had to do some explaining when he got home lol and I hope it helped bump up the wages as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back