• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll admit it, I'm so gay.

SteveSS

Local time
10:55 PM
Reaction score
Not in a homosexual way, in the I'm going to see Fast X on the second day you can officially see it way. I'm not sure if I can even say gay on the internet anymore! I'm taking my daughter and we're going in the '69 Charger. When I was buying the tickets, (I had to do that in person because I have the monthly movie pass where I can see as many movies in a month as I want) I told the young man, he should save an upfront parking spot for me since I'll be driving the '69 Charger. I could tell by the blank look on his face he had no idea what a 1969 Dodge Charger was. I said you know like the one Vin Diesel has driven in every Fast and Furious movie there ever was. He said he'd never seen a Fast and Furious movie, which I wasn't sure how to react to that. He was probably a baby when the first one came out.

I looked around the theater to see if there were any promos, huge banners, posters, or stand-alone displays. There weren't any. I guess they figure by now whether you're a fan or not.

Anyway, I'll let you know my honest opinion of the movie, the cars, and the actors later. Again it won't matter, you'll either see or not. I'm sure you've already made up your mind.

P.S. I'm fully aware of and agree with most of all the criticisms of the F&F movies since Toyko Drift, I just like car movies. Or in the case of the latest F&F movies. Action movies that have some cool cars in them.

Last edited:
Seems like everyone is coming out these days! LOL All kidding aside though, this is why our classic cars are doomed, the current generation has no connection or clue about them!

OK. So he drives a pink Charger, drinks bud light. He must also run Ford Pinto Suspension, a Ford 9” and talks with a Lisp.

OK. So he drives a pink Charger, drinks bud light. He must also run Ford Pinto Suspension, a Ford 9” and talks with a Lisp.
...and doesn't make a sound when he farts. :carrot:

I lost interest in that franchise before it became a franchise. Like someone said on FABO.....it got ridiculous too soon.
C'mon people....driving up the side of a dam wall......driving cars in space and jumping between airplanes. :rolleyes:

There's fantasy, and there's just downright stoopid.

First of all, remember it's part one of two. It would be a pretty good movie if you removed all the car parts. That's where all the unbelievability comes from. Jason Momoa was great. He brought a sense of humor to the movie that the others have sorely lacked. Really there aren't that many car scenes. It's a lot more 007 with a huge cast. I give it a 3.5 out of 5.

I'd say most of you won't like it but Momoa was entertaining.

I'm also so tired of seeing 120-pound women beat up a room full of 225-pound mean wearing helmets and body armor.

I read this and I agree!

Momoa, it turns out, is one of the best things to ever happen to the franchise. He’s the best villain by far (not to mention that he does many of his own stunts) and thoroughly steals the film with his delightfully unhinged portrayal of Dante, who interrupts his nefarious activities to inform the ever-macho Dom that his “carpet matches the drapes.” Momoa is not exactly an actor associated with lightness, but here he practically dances the role as much as acts it, taking such frenetically gleeful delight in his character’s sadistic taunting that you practically root for him even when he threatens to destroy the Vatican. He gives the impression of having huffed nitrous oxide before every take. Dante makes the Joker look like a depressive, and he’s so damn entertaining that he lifts the series to new heights.

Last edited:
Well Steve, at least you’re out of the closet now. No need to hide who‘s coming to the house, let ‘em in the front door. And gosh darn it, wear those pink dress shirts! Wear that earring on either side, no need to worry about confusing the baristas! You’ve earned it!

:)

Fast X? Is that the movie they're driving cars in space? The silliness started dragging around a 20k# safe. Then falling out of cargo planes. Now hotrods in space.

They just need to add a swarm of space dwelling, steel eating sharks? I think we could be looking at academy awards?

JMO.

First of all, remember it's part one of two. It would be a pretty good movie if you removed all the car parts. That's where all the unbelievability comes from. Jason Momoa was great. He brought a sense of humor to the movie that the others have sorely lacked. Really there aren't that many car scenes. It's a lot more 007 with a huge cast. I give it a 3.5 out of 5.

I'd say most of you won't like it but Momoa was entertaining.
Part one of two? So it won't be a trilogy? ‘Fast’ Surprise: Vin Diesel Teases 12th ‘Fast and Furious’ Movie, Says Studio Asked for Three-Part Finale After Seeing ‘Fast X’!

I tried to bring myself to go and watch it at the drive-in with my partner but after seeing the trailer, I couldn't, I just couldn't.

hahaha

Those movies are like "super hero" movies, but the heroes are cars.
If you watch them the same way as you watch a Superman movie then you can enjoy them. The movies even have a bunch of "normies" on the streets in the cities as the "heroes" fly by shooting cables and doing rolls and driving on two wheels etc.

No, no, no. Cars in space were number 9. Okay, I'm not really gay, but I did go see the movie. Like I said before, if you took out the totally unbelievable physics-defying car scenes the movie wouldn't be half bad. More like a James Bond movie. And let's admit it, 007 movies have had unbelievable stunts in them for 30 years.

Now back to Jason Momoa, his character is so over the top there might be a little gayness in there but it's hard to tell because he's playing it so outlandishly. I'm not saying go to the movie unless you're at least a little bit of an F&F fan but if you get a chance watch it for Momoa!

In defense of my "Not Really Gay" who gave you the Best Chest Ever thread, which needs to be revived BTW.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back