• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EDM lifters?

Paul Secoy

Local time
2:47 PM
Reaction score
I am pondering using the EDM lifters I see for sale, as my solid flat tappet build has a high valve spring load. These lifters supply pressurized oil directly through the lifter to the cam lobe, which seems like a very good idea to me. Has anybody used them or have any feedback on them?

Thanks

I run the Howard’s EDM’s In my 511. Been in there since 2016. A touch over .600 net lift on the street. Can’t complain.

I’m running Crower EDM lifters on a solid Crower cam.

No issues with over 1000 miles on them. I broke the cam in on the outer springs only.

I did receive one lifter with the hole missing. Called Crower and they sent another right out.

Sounds like $200 well spent to me. Then again, I do know a guy who runs an EDM machine at his job, I wonder if he'd poke a hole in my lifters? Nah, best left to the pros. lol.

with a flat tappet cam, anything you can do to make it last is worth it. I put them in the last two flat tappet motors I built.

Do they make EDM lifters for a hydraulic cam? I have a very short cam with very high left

Do they make EDM lifters for a hydraulic cam? I have a very short cam with very high left

Yes sir they do, I think they are just over $200 for a set of Howards Cams lifters from Summit. Other companies make them too, and the prices vary a lot.

EDM Lifters help, but they are NOT the "be all end all" if V/Spring pressures exceed recommended.... especially during flat tappet cam break-in.

Once surface pressures/areas are exceeded on the base dissimilar metals scuffing/transfer can occur no matter the EP additive/Oil present.

Auto Transport Service
Back