• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric fan mount help for 440

Rajasthan77

Local time
6:45 AM
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me what type of Fan mount that is on this car? It's welded on and it's a Griffin Radiator. I can't figure out what to use with it or how it works. Would the fan's mounts bolt in those holes on it? They seem very big though? Any recommendations on the electric fan type? Thank you. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 1969_Dodge_Charger_030_(Small).jpg
    1969_Dodge_Charger_030_(Small).jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 579
Looks like it was set-up to take an electric fan, mounted on the two innermost holes at the top and , I assume, matching ones at the bottom. It also looks like you might not have enough room between the water pump pulley face and the mount / radiator to do that. Were this radiator and motor running in this car?

Thank you for getting back to me. No, I don't believe it was. The clearence is an issue, I measured from the pulley face and the radiator I have about 2 3/4" I was thinking of cutting the mounts off and using dual 11 inch Spal thin line (or whatever I can get to fit). I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything and there was no special type of fan or something I'm suppose to use with that mount. I searched for hours on the internet trying to find it, just to see what other people were using with it to no avail.

I had the same problem. I decided to go with a 16" 6 blade fan from Mancini with a 1" spacer. I had them build a shroud by filling out their custom order sheet. It was very easy to do and very reasonable. The car cools fine. In your case you would probably have to cut off those mounts, but I'd send them a couple of pictures first. The other option is to use electrics in front as pushers. I searched for a fan or set of fans to use in the same 2 3/4" space and couldn't find any thin enough. BTW, in my case, I found Mancini easier to deal with than the other major cooling system suppliers. Try asking for Dean. Good luck and keep us informed.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back