• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electrical help please

BEAUTIFUL BEAST! what all is done to the motor? I have no clue if anything has been done to mine. I do know it’s still a flat tapped cam. I’d like to do something to her but not sure what to do. I don’t want anything crazy.

image.jpg

image.jpg

BEAUTIFUL BEAST! what all is done to the motor? I have no clue if anything has been done to mine. I do know it’s still a flat tapped cam. I’d like to do something to her but not sure what to do. I don’t want anything crazy.

View attachment 1462961

View attachment 1462962
It's a 440 .030 over with 10.7:1 compression. Edelbrock Heads that have had a little work The old .509 purple shaft cam. Torker II intake with a 850 Billet Thumper Carb by Dominick Thumper
The Fuel system is EFI ready using a Tanks Inc EFI tank, in tank fuel pump, 1/2 inch fuel lines with 3/8 inch return line
3.91 Gear 8.75 rear with a 3000 stall Torque Convertor

IMG_20220123_175219294.jpg

Not sure if it's handled but does this help
20230510_124332.jpg

My blue wire and blue with white tracer wire connects to the blue wire on the pigtail that goes to my electronic voltage regulator? And run a wire with those to my alternator field?

If you want a heavy duty adjustable voltage regulator
Transpo C8313:
Transpo Heavy Duty Adjustable Voltage Regulator C8313 - for sale online | eBay

There is an adjustment on the back that allows you to adjust the regulated voltage.
I have one on the '71 Charger regulating a 132 Amp Denso alternator with trunk mounted battery.
I adjusted the regulator for 14.0 Volts at the battery when running.

I talked to Skatpak and Redbeard last night. I’m sure I’m on the right track

I think what you mean is the brush, and yes the green goes on one, and a blue 12v to the other field.
2 field connections, one green, one blue.

Both of my field wires have this same set up in the picture

image.jpg

I give up for now It just fried my new fuckin harness. Did it exactly the way the pic shows. FML

63680ED2-169E-43DE-BD21-BB41EEB00812.png

What happened? If something was shorted, the fusible link should have burnt before the wiring?

2 things I'd check, are the brushes shorted to ground, and which wire was the offending burnt one.

Auto Transport Service
Back