• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eng break in time!!!!!

67 coronet

Local time
7:33 PM
Reaction score
10411292_237489503112653_6391885681296785854_n.jpg
gonna try and break this in this long weekend!:hello2:

Nice! That intake is cool. What are the specs? What is the little fan cooling on the right inside fender?

More pics and a vid or two please!

My mild 440 did a few hundred easy miles with Valvoline 10/40 conventional then romped on with 10/40 Amsoil. 40 thousand miles of bliss. Good luck. Take video.

Nice looking motor. Just curious, how do you break in yours since this seams to be one of those things where everyone has there own opinion. For me, 30 minute cam break in then take it out where I repeatedly put it under load accelerating to help seat the rings and that it. I don't get what people are trying to break in with the extended break in times? All bearing float on a film of oil, valves don't need broke in, the cam is broken in after 30 minutes so what's left? Within an hour I'm having fun and have never had a problem. Just curious what you guys do???

I have always done 20 min break ins, change oil then drive it like you intend to the rest of it's life for 100 miles, change oil again, drive 500 miles change oil again, then you are done. Never had a problem

Nice! That intake is cool. What are the specs? What is the little fan cooling on the right inside fender?

More pics and a vid or two please!
thanx for the comments guys.the small fan on the fender is the trans cooler.looked like a good place to put it.i am using edelbrock breakin oil and the same method mentioned by mrBelvedere.worked great many times in the past.motor is a 30 over 383 with a 560ish lift purple shaft flat tappet cam.about 10.2 to 1 comp or so.a little head work(will switch 2 aluminum heads if i dont sell the car fast):headbang:

Auto Transport Service
Back