• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine cradle recommendations?

19 69 GTX

Local time
12:51 PM
Reaction score
Looking to buy a engine cradle for my newly built low deck stroker. Anyone have a recommendations on one that actually bolts up and won't fall apart. Thanks

I think I bought mine from Summit, years ago. Decent casters, and they worked for their purpose. I just saw them up in my garage attic, as I was cleaning it out for insulation.

If you're looking for an engine cradle for storage, some 2x6's screwed together to go around the oil pan and sitting on a cheap furniture dolly works great. If the oil pan is off, use 2x4's with a couple of lag bolts screwed in the top as alignment pins for the factory holes on the base of the engine. Then spray with WD-40 and wrap in plastic.

If you want an engine stand for assembling the engine, I'd get one with 2 legs out front (vs one) and a beefy block mount (not just flat steel bars). And if $$$ is no object, get one with a crank to spin the engine over.

If you're looking for an engine cradle for storage, some 2x6's screwed together to go around the oil pan and sitting on a cheap furniture dolly works great. If the oil pan is off, use 2x4's with a couple of lag bolts screwed in the top as alignment pins for the factory holes on the base of the engine. Then spray with WD-40 and wrap in plastic.

If you want an engine stand for assembling the engine, I'd get one with 2 legs out front (vs one) and a beefy block mount (not just flat steel bars). And if $$$ is no object, get one with a crank to spin the engine over.

Engine is complete. I seen one made by RCR metal fab looks awesome and very well built but pricey at 299.00 I had thought about making something. But need something to transport from engine shop to house safely. Don't want it to fall over in back of truck.

Auto Transport Service
Back