• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine Explosion on United Airlines Flight

Dean Martin: I was on a flight from New York to L.A., and the plane lost an engine!
Foster Brooks, "airline pilot": Don't worry, it'll turn up.

Dean Martin: I was on a flight from New York to L.A., and the plane lost an engine!
Foster Brooks, "airline pilot": Don't worry, it'll turn up.
l.jpg

I remember when they introduced the 777, she had a tour before they were put online. She told me that she thought that 2 engines for such a large airplane was scary. That was a little over 5 years ago.
5 years ago? The 777 has been in revenue service for nearly 26 years.

It already has a Wikipedia entry, :The failed engine was a Pratt & Whitney model PW4077 turbofan

Last edited:
Something like this surely left several bite marks in the seat cushions.

Flames went on for quite a while.. Don't think the fuel supply to that engine was ever shut off in the chaos.
Looking at that intake housing, that front compressor blades is huge, like 7 ft. or more. Cant imagine what can happen when something that weighs that much, spinning at those RPMs is capable of when things go wrong...

So, during a commercial on Fox, I flipped the remote down to CNN where there was a panel interviewed by dimwit Pamela Brown. She asks, " So, what would happen if the other engine failed ? "

^^^^
Engines Turn Or "People Swim."
That plane was bound for heading over big water..

ETOPS.fail.

Yep. Part of a routine from the Dean Martin show, with Foster Brooks as a stone-drunk airline pilot. The part where "it'll turn up" i thought was appropriate .
Search you tube for Foster Brooks airline pilot, its a riot. Dean is laughing so hard he's crying, has to wipe his eyes.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back