• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alaska Airlines Adds New 'Scenic View' Seat For $30 Upgrade Fee

So the OP, RC, starts an amusing thread with a parody article about a current event. Several armchair quarterbacks hijack the thread to give their “expert analysis“ about the cause of the event in question. When the OP interrupts their in-depth discussions to post some more parody articles, some of the “experts” then go off on him and even tell him some of his jokes are out of line? Get over yourself….
Don‘t have a sense of humor and want to discuss a current issue you have all figured out because you watch the news on TV, why not start your own thread to discuss it with fellow experts?
For the record I’m an ATP rated pilot and 30 year engineer working for manufacturing companies and have been watching the story. I don’t claim to have it figured it, but all I can tell you is a lot of things are screwed up right now in both industry and government agencies like the FAA. It’s only a matter of time before we have a major air disaster due to incompetent air traffic controller error, maintenance errors, manufacturing errors, design and certification errors and/or incompetent pilot errors. There’s been a number of aviation near misses and accidents already, we’ve been fortunate there hasn’t been a worse one yet, but sadly that will likely happen soon.
I don’t claim to have all the answers but hope it doesn’t take a disaster to get things straightened out.
This article gives some clues into problems in industry currently-
MSN
Industry is messed up, the FAA has always sucked, Rome is burning, can’t we at least try to laugh about it?
I'll use the simplistic definition of propaganda to be:
"The intentional use or distortion of selective facts to primarily alter, sway, or change the opinion or position of another and not to widen or inform the discussion of the topic at hand"

Since I am unsure of your intention of the outline in red above, I'll withhold comment, other than to state the "parody" you noted here for the OP on "diversity" had an object clear agenda, and was without merit in regards to humor, and I gladly "pulled the curtain back" and called it for what it was.
In regards to starting of my own thread, if that was directed my way, understand my first response here was #20 on the thread, and motivated by other armchair QB's that seem to have a limited understanding of the matters they profess. I welcome the contributions of anyone that help explain anything better, no matter what position they play.
Everything else you state here is IMO very worthy and hard to disagree with.

Last edited:
I was commenting on a fake preposterous pic of a duct taped 787, not a recent aircraft incident involving a Max aircraft that threatened the lives of all aboard.
Sorry if that attempt at humor offended you with my overt alleged hypocrisy. speaking of twisted shorts.
I will do better the next time.
Other than some Embraer 175s, all of Alaska Airlines fleet are 737 aircraft. That is not a 787. Check out the distinctive 737 engine nacelles.

Other than some Embraer 175s, all of Alaska Airlines fleet are 737 aircraft. That is not a 787. Check out the distinctive 737 engine nacelles.
I believe in another thread the same duct taped aircraft parody its referred to as a "787", maybe just a typo, and that is of minor significance to me, and if mislabeled intentionally it was maybe to redirect from this recent incident?
Furthermore, the actual livery maybe be photoshopped. I don't know enough to distinguish nacelles beyond their odd, squished shape because of the larger upgraded engines,

Last edited:
I was commenting on a fake preposterous pic of a duct taped 787, not a recent aircraft incident involving a Max aircraft that threatened the lives of all aboard.
Sorry if that attempt at humor offended you with my overt alleged hypocrisy. speaking of twisted shorts.
I will do better the next time.
I doubt it ... but you can try.
:luvplace:

Airline concentrating on Woke Agenda/DIE instead of keeping flying safe.

Don't see how this makes flying any better or safer, if anything it's reduced my confidence and is pushing passengers away. Need to speak out more about the Degeneracy/Mental Illness being pushed.
Alaska_Attendant_Trans.jpg

Airline concentrating on Woke Agenda/DIE instead of keeping flying safe.

Don't see how this makes flying any better or safer, if anything it's reduced my confidence and is pushing passengers away. Need to speak out more about the Degeneracy/Mental Illness being pushed.
View attachment 1591433

Methinks thou doth Protest too much,
I am told the closet is not locked btw.:lol:

Follow-up video by blancolirio on YT.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boeing supplier that made Alaska Airlines door plug was warned of "defects" with other parts, lawsuit claims

The manufacturer of the door plug that was blown out in mid-air during a Alaska Airlines flight on Friday was the focus of a class-action lawsuit filed less than a month earlier, with the complaint alleging that Spirit AeroSystems had experienced "sustained quality failures" in its products.

Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Councils Framework to drive Accountability at Spirit AeroSystems

Spirit President & Chief Executive Officer, Tom Gentile and Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer, Sam Marnick, co-chair and lead the Executive Diversity & Inclusion Council. The executive council sets strategic imperatives for the organization globally.
Spirit Vice President of Human Resources, Corporate Affairs, Information Technology, CEO Business Management and Strategy, Justin Welner helps navigate the direction and strategy for the Global Diversity & Inclusion Council, where all sites are represented. Each Spirit site has a local diversity council co-chaired by the Site operations leader.

Whistleblowers don’t last long. Many of us have stories. I do. Good operations have allowed DEI and other distractions to compromise safety. This has been going on for years before it was called DEI. You do your best to mitigate and keep your mouth shut to keep your job.

Auto Transport Service
Back